VBAC

Still disappointed, three weeks later

Wondering if I just labored at home a little longer if my VBAC could have happened. I was having painful contractions for 14 hours at the hospital and although I progressed to 7 cm, baby did not drop.  This was after they broke my water and gave me some pitocin.  There was no progress for like 3 hours and my contractions got weaker and less effective I guess.  I hear that some women labor for 24+ hours and since there was no stress on the baby or myself if I should have just kept trying instead of caving into my Dr.'s recomendation for a rcs. Maybe if I waited, it would have happened. I guess she didn't want to wait too much longer because of the risk of rupture. I don't know, I still think about it way too often and anytime I get a minute by myself.  I know I'm not depressed but I am still sad.  I will never be able to experience natural childbirth and that thought is just so sad to me. 

Re: Still disappointed, three weeks later

• I should add that my c-section experience was not nearly as good as the first so that might be part of my issue. I lost it while they started to operate because of the sensation I couldn't breathe. They had to sedate me with a tranquilizer drug and the bonding experience with my daughter took a little longer since I was out of it and couldn't really "get emotional" about having my baby girl. It was a pretty terrible experience. I also don't remember the first hour or so with my baby because of the sedatives.  It sucks and my husband doesn't remember exactly what happened either. Like I don't remember even when I held her for the first time, if we recovered together..I have no idea and it really sucks.
  • I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience. :( Both of my labors (cs and VBAC) were over 24 hours, but my contractions never got weaker and I never stalled for three hours. I think in your shoes, I would have consented as well. I don't know if that helps, but, it sounds like you did the best you could. I hope you aren't beating yourself up with "what if"s. (((((hugs)))))
  • Loading the player...
  • I am sorry you didnt get your vbac and that your rcs wasnt the best. I can def relate to your feelings of disappointment. I didnt get a chance to even go into labor because my blood pressure was high so i had a rcs because my practice does not induce vbacs. i imagine what if i was put on bed rest and didnt agree so quick to see if my bp wouldve dropped and then i could have had my chance to go into labor. my rcs has been a hard recovery and i had that same feeling like you did like i couldnt breathe. i was taking very short breaths and it got to the point where i started saying help i cant breathe. They told me my vital signs were good and once the baby was out the feeling would go away. They said it was normal BS! i made it through struggling to breathe. im sorry you have a faint memory of the birth because of the sedative. My cousin who is a L&D nurse said they mustve numbed me to much with my spinal which caused my diaphraghm to feel numb. my arms also felt numb. Therefore giving me the sensation i couldnt breathe. i am still coping with the fact i will never have a natural delivery, that i didnt get a chance to even try day by day but its getting better..my baby was born the 16th. but you sound like you tried your best and i hope you feel better!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"