Hawaii Babies
Options

*Lindsay- Rawley's mama*

How's your boob lump? :) Hopefully you were able to get it figured out and taken care of. I've been thinking about you! 

Re: *Lindsay- Rawley's mama*

• Options
    Awww you are so sweet for thinking of me :). Actually I'm in the ER now as we speak because it has gotten worse this week and my doctor believes it has turned into an abscess. I just had a temperature start tonight so they wanted me to go in :( I'm thinking I'm getting this puppy drained as we speak :( I'm totally scared but relieved its finally getting taken care of. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • Options
    awww i'm sorry :( i hope if it is an abscess that the draining goes smoothly and isn't too painful.  at least you'll have some relief soon
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well it sure was an abscess and had to get (TMI WARNING) 4 viles of puss taken out. It hurt but not too bad. Just waiting on prescription now and hopefully will get out of here soon :( I sure hope this doesn't come back, I really don't want to have to do this again :(
  • Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member

OMG Lindsay! I am SO sorry! I was hoping it was just a plugged duct and you could pump it out and then not nurse/pump anymore :( Bummer!! Hopefully you got the meds and since it's drained you'll be well on your way to healing finally. I can't believe it was an abscess, did they say how it could have happened? I can't imagine having to have my boob drained :( Not fun!

How's Rawley and life as a mommy going? Grayson is high needs like bella so it's been a little challenging at our house. The good news is we did this all with Bella so we have some tricks that worked for her that we've tried for him and they've worked. The bad news is we are doing this again, I thought for sure we'd put in our time with her! :) I go back to work a week from Tuesday. It's totally bittersweet. I'm sad to go back and not be with the kids 24/7 but on another note I'm happy to get some adult interaction and use my brain again.  I'm hoping eventually I can cut back to part time but it's just not in the cards for us now... Hope everything is good for you guys!

• Options

Oh goodness Lindsay!  That is nuts that you had an abscess & had to get it drained!  What a bummer, but at least it is all over now & hopefully no more issues!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    owie Sad hope you're recovering well!!
  • Options

imageSanHawaii08:
    owie Sad hope you're recovering well!!

ditto!

• Options
    imageMrsZiz:

OMG Lindsay! I am SO sorry! I was hoping it was just a plugged duct and you could pump it out and then not nurse/pump anymore :( Bummer!! Hopefully you got the meds and since it's drained you'll be well on your way to healing finally. I can't believe it was an abscess, did they say how it could have happened? I can't imagine having to have my boob drained :( Not fun!

How's Rawley and life as a mommy going? Grayson is high needs like bella so it's been a little challenging at our house. The good news is we did this all with Bella so we have some tricks that worked for her that we've tried for him and they've worked. The bad news is we are doing this again, I thought for sure we'd put in our time with her! :) I go back to work a week from Tuesday. It's totally bittersweet. I'm sad to go back and not be with the kids 24/7 but on another note I'm happy to get some adult interaction and use my brain again.  I'm hoping eventually I can cut back to part time but it's just not in the cards for us now... Hope everything is good for you guys!

Thanks girl!  I can't believe it turned into an abscess either!  I had it all drained Saturday night and once it was complete I felt so much better, but unfortunately it filled up again so I need to call my OB in the am to make an appointment to come in and get it drained AGAIN.  The ER gave me a stronger antibiotic, but I have been taking it since Saturday night and it doesn't seem better.  At least my fever hasn't come back and hopefully it stays that way.  MH is out of town until Wednesday and I'm not sure what I would do with Rawley and still don't even know what I will do with him when going to the doctor possibly tomorrow.  The closest person to me is 45 minutes away :(  I'm so paranoid my fever will come back now that the abscess is back while MH is away.

Otherwise Rawley is getting better, he is VERY high needs as well as little G.  It's very challenging and exhausting, but we are slowly starting to establish some patterns now with his sleeping and eating so it's becoming more manageable.  Now going into public is another situation ;)  You never know when a meltdown will occur.  It's good in a way that Miss B was like that so you were a bit more prepared with little G.  It's been hard being blindsided by Rawley's shenanigan's.  I'm supposed to go back to work on July 5th and like you it's bittersweet for sure.  I'm so sad to be leaving him with someone, but it's going to be so nice to able to interact with people again and sort of have a little break.  I kind of feel awful saying that :(  I wish I can stay home, but at the same time I'm not sure if I want to either.  It's A LOT harder than I thought to make this decision.  I always thought I would be a SAHM but now that it's here I'm not sure what is the better choice ;)  

• Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member

Yikes, drained twice?! I've taken Bella and Grayson with me to dr's appts for me and for the other child (Bella to G's appts and G to B's appts) and it's tough but it was fine. THe hard part is when one is screaming and then the other starts. B has a pedi derm appt today and G has to go with us. The problem was last time that G started crying and B needed me to be with her while the dr examined her. So I held her hand and talked to her and just let him cry, ah the joys of two! My advice, if he's crying it'll be ok and likely one of the nurses will want to hold him :) 

As far as being high needs, carriers are a life saver! Do you have one? I have 3 :) and I use the ergo and moby the most. The babyhawk has taken the back burner and I need to sell it! Anyhow, it's the only way I got to do anything and was able to get them both from being overly tired as baby's. I would "wear them down" which essentially is wearing them until they fell asleep. They would fight it like crazy at first because they were so tired and eventually they would fall asleep (5-10 mins later). I would continue to wear them while they slept. Some people don't like to do that but it worked for us, it allowed them to sleep for 2 hours (sometimes 3!) and it allowed me not to have an overly tired screaming infant on my hands. Don't feel awful for feeling like you need  a break. When Ryan gets home sometimes I hand the kids off to him and go to the bathroom and lock the door for 5 mins just to have some peace and time alone :)  

• Options
    imageMrsZiz:

As far as being high needs, carriers are a life saver! 

Oh yes!  Our carrier is our life saver too.  I bring it with me anytime we go out in public too as my "security blanket" in case he goes crazy ;)  I really need to start getting over worrying about what other people think while in public if he cries.  I just remember being the "people" who would be so aggravated.  Ugh, it makes me so embarrassed to think that is how I used to be. 

Luckily today my friend offered to watch R while I go to the doctor and get this thing drained.  I'm so thankful that she offered to do that for me.  It's one less thing I have to worry about ;)  

Like you I wait for 5:30 to roll around so once Ryan walks in that door I hand over R and go shower or something.   I have been by myself with R while Ryan has been out of town for work and I can't wait for him to get home tonight, it's been SO exhausting to do this 24/7.  I have a whole new appreciation for single moms!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"