Preemies
Options

Damabo

I saw you got the "get your sleep while you can" comment on July.

I agree that pumping takes more time than nursing.  Set-up, then pumping (which takes 15-25 mins depending on the milk) and then tear down.  The whole thing takes a lot longer than having the baby and popping out the boob! 

People don't understand, that's for sure.

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Damabo

• Options

LOL....yeah, I know she meant well, but man, pumping is a hellva lot more labor/time intensive than nursing.

One of the reasons I can't wait for her to come home is so I can get more sleep. Embarrassed

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options
    elisbuelisbu member

This!

I got more sleep when K came home from NICU than I did while she was still in.

But everyone knows best, right?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't wait to get rid of the pump! My biggest worry right now is that Emily won't take to breastfeeding. I'm trying to build a huge freezer supply in case that happens LOL Even MH doesn't understand the "slave to the pump" and gets annoyed.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Options
    bhilyerbhilyer member
    I've been EP for 11 weeks and agree that it is much more time consuming than people realize. Even my LC said it takes more time and dedication.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"