February 2011 Moms

I still have not figured it all out...

How the heck do you work, take care of a baby by yourself, and clean?! Usually when I put DS down for the night I wash his bottles and clean the kitchen. By the time that's done it's 10pm at night and i don't have the energy to pick up around the house and clean anymore. My house looks like crap and I can't take it anymore! I work weekends too and we have been soooo busy there has been no time to clean, clean. Gosh, at almost 4 months you would think i would have it figured out.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I still have not figured it all out...

• I feel the exact same way... I don't know how people do it and make it look easy too! Our house would really be bad if my husband didn't help out a lot!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    photo 5eaaf87b-ad37-4eed-9526-ebc7b28aed0d.jpg photo d035cb36-2bee-4dc9-8bf7-15d34ec258be.jpg
  • imagelilshelly5_3:
    I feel the exact same way... I don't know how people do it and make it look easy too! Our house would really be bad if my husband didn't help out a lot!

DH will help clean but only when I specifically tell him to this or do that. He does try but half the time he truly just spaces it out. I am having a conversation with him when he gets home to let him know I need more help then what I am getting and it needs to be self motivated help on his part.

If he doesn't like it then pay for a maid! lol

• Loading the player...
  • I still haven't figured it out either. I don't think it helps that DD's bedtime isn't until 9:30/10 and DH has been traveling a lot lately. It was getting so bad that I called my MIL to come down for the weekend to help me get things cleaned and some big projects done! Hopefully it gets better as they get older.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • vflipovflipo member
    Add school into the mix and you're really screwed... DH and I both work FT and go to school FT. He goes online year round, and I'm on summer break right for 3 months. We usually only get stuff done when DD is napping, or playing. I generally don't stay up after she's gone to bed, because I'm exhausted. My day starts at 4am when she wakes up and doesn't end until whenever she decides she wants to go to bed (usually 7 or 8 though). We definitely share in the duties. Nothing would get done if I was the only one doing it.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I haven't figured it out either.  During the work week, after work, I tend to DD and we make dinner.  Once she's in bed around 7, then I wash bottles and pump parts and prepare bottles for the next day.  I've even stopped trying to use my freezer stash bc i couldn't stand the extra hassle.  I go to bed at 9 or 9:30... I wake up at 5:30 and I'm exhausted by then.  I don't do any other cleaning during the week.  It waits till the wknd.  The other dishes (not bottles) get done by DH.  On the wknds, we share inside cleaning but I do more b/c DH does all the outside stuff.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Keeping house, losing the belly, & maintaining sanity are all the reasons that this week I came to the conclusion to hire a 'mother's helper'.  She's a college student that will help me 3 mornings a week for the summer.  The rate range is about $8-10 per hr.  So it'll cost me $100 a week to save my sanity.  I highly advise it if you can find the cash.

• I've only managed to do MOST of the dishes this week, take out the trash and clean a closet full of junk out (we've only been here 8 months, how do we have a closet full of junk?)

I need to make a cleaning schedule for summer because I'm going to work more nights during the week.  I might assign H some chores on there too when he puts DD to bed.  Just something small so that he doesn't feel picked on lol

I cleaned the bathroom for the first time in 3 months last night...it was wonderful! but...not fully, because I didn't have time to clean the floor, rugs or get the 80000000 used wash rags out of there. poo

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • I have a priority list, and I just do one thing at a time as I get a chance.  I always start with bottles, formula, baby laundry, etc.  Obviously that stuff is most important.  Then I work my way down the list.  Every time he's busy and happy (in the swing, napping, whatever) I do another task.  It basically means I run around all day like a chicken with my head cut off.  I never seem to get to vacuuming since it's a loud chore, that has to wait until DH is around.  Not sure how I'm going to make it happen once LO is crawling and it'll need done more often.  Dusting hardly ever happens, I often don't get a shower, if I do I very rarely also have time to do my hair or put on makeup.  I just figure it'll eventually get easier as his naps get longer and his routine more set.  In the meantime, I just focus on having a goal.  Sometimes that's all I have.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • If you can afford it, a cleaning service makes life sooo much easier. We have a service come every 2 weeks. That takes a major chore off our plates. And gives us an incentive to clear out the clutter every 2 weeks before they clean.
    Formerly known as ms.mittens Jude 12/31/2008 Ezra 2/10/2011 Nora 7/23/2013 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just got SO overwhelmed by this same thing and had to sit DH down and have a harsh talk with him. He wasn't helping me enough and our house was getting disgusting and I was on the verge of tears. Sure, we got DS's bottles washed and had his laundry and things done, which was most important, but seriously you can't 100% neglect the rest of the house. I run around cleaning like a mad woman when DS is asleep but I need sleep too!!
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I try to do at least one thing a day. I am a SAHM so I can't compare to having to work full time, and clean the house. I try to do as much as possible, but just getting the bottles, and his laundry done is a feat. My DH helps with the dishes, the cats, and the Vaccuming, mostly because we have the heaviest vaccuum known to man!

I use www.flylady.com to help me oganize...but it doesn't really go with having a newborn. I try though!  Just keep doing your best!

• I am glad to see I am not the only one who hasn't figured it out! I felt like the only one. Why? No clue but I did.

I betcha I will get it figured out when we have another LO on the way and then it will all be blown out the window again, lol.

imageemerlyn:

I try to do at least one thing a day. I am a SAHM so I can't compare to having to work full time, and clean the house. I try to do as much as possible, but just getting the bottles, and his laundry done is a feat. My DH helps with the dishes, the cats, and the Vaccuming, mostly because we have the heaviest vaccuum known to man!

I use www.flylady.com to help me oganize...but it doesn't really go with having a newborn. I try though!  Just keep doing your best!

The cats! Dear lord, I didn't realize how much of a mess they make until we had DS. They are my family and I love them so I would never get rid of them but sometimes I close my eyes and wonder what it would be like to live fur and litterbox free.

• Welcome to ym world! Working F/t, going to school for my PhD f/t, and taking care of D/S leaves little to no time for anything else. Luckily, my DH does a lot to help out including making dinners and doing laundry! Otherwise I'd never survive. The house can wait, you have your whole life to clean, LO are only little for so long!
    image     image

image    image

• The only way we have been able to clean the house is to do it in shifts - I watch LO while DH cleans the floors/mops/does the  yard, and then he watches LO while I do the bathrooms/kitchen/laundry. It's not fun because we're separated. I am seriously thinking of hiring someone to deep clean once a month.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • with DS by the time I started back to work he was going to bed around 7pm. he would take a small 30min cat nap at 5/530 and I would scramble to make dinner. In our house one cooks and the other cleans the kitchen so while I put DS to bed MH would clean up after dinner. then once DS was asleep I would clean the bottles and then we would do any other cleaning such as laundry or vacuuming. And then sit down to relax. We tried to rotate going to the gym, but we eventually nixed that and when DS was 7mos we bought a treadmill and home gym. The thing with our house is that once you are done with something you put it away so there is never really much to clean in the first place. Dishes are never left in the sink and we don;t wear shoes in the house so the floors don;t get that dirty.The other this is cleaning during nap times on the weekends as well. Fold laundry or wash the bottles while you watch a show on your DVR. Its 2 things done at once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"