Pregnant after 35
Options

XP: trying not to worry even more

So, I went today for a follow up appointment, ultrasound, NST, and regular doctors appointment for my vasa previa and as we prepare for this baby. At the last ultrasound a month ago, baby was measuring in the 75th percentile for growth, which is good since we knew he'd be born a month early.  Today he is only at the 11th percentile.  I am already at the Ronald McDonald house and they are planning on hospitalizing me next Friday until the C-section which based on previous growth they were planning on at 36 weeks, now if his growth continues on this path I was told it will be more like during the 35th week.  They have added doppler scans 1 time per week on top of the NST's two times per week.  I wish there was more I could do to ensure the health of this baby.
Shannon Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: trying not to worry even more

• Options
    Vasa previa is so scary!  If it helps, Margaux (in siggy) had a two-vessel cord and vasa previa.  She is thriving and just fine.  It looks like the doctors are on top of it, and they'd hospitalize you immediately and get the baby out now if they felt it would be better.  My thoughts are with you, and I hope everything goes well!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

It sounds like the professionals are on top of it and being proactive - please, try and relax and enjoy what's left of being pregnant and have faith that baby will be here and healthy soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any experience with what you're going through, but I just want you to know I'm thinking about you and am sending you all the positive thoughts and prayers that I can....you are in a great place and they are taking care of you and that's such a blessing. Hang in there....and hugs...xxoo
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options

Peppernut - there were some ladies on my monthly board (Oct 2011) that were going thru this and I sent them a link to this thread with your name. I hope you don't mind...

• Options
    Not at all!  :)  
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    tlc7068tlc7068 member
    sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. 
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"