February 2011 Moms

Muffin top

My pants fit (surprisingly) but I have a muffin top.  More suprisingly is that my tops are all tight.  Not sure if it's from boobage & muffin or just muffin.  What about you ladies?

Re: Muffin top

• Same. Not all my pants fit though.

This did eventually go down/away after DD.  I was wearing pants from college when I got pg with DS.  So there is hope!

I am really worrying this time around though - I don't know if it's going to pan out for me a second time. It's just loose skin. Ick.

imageimage
  • I'm lucky enough to be below PP weight, however, I still sport my mat pants/jeans every chance I get, so I'm not sure. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My pants fit but they hurt my lower stomach so I'm still chillin' in my maternity work pants
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Me too. My pre pregnancy jeans are still packed away, I don't even want to look at them. It'll make me too sad. I wouldn't even be able to get them over my thighs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ugh I am dealing with the same thing. My pants are okay I just feel uncomfortable in most of my shirts. I hope it's starts to bounce back soon . . .

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• I wear my Be band with my pre-pg work pants almost every day.  Shirts are ridiculous.  My button up work shirts still have like a 2 inch gap between the buttons.  I had to buy a whole bunch of new shirts, and I recently bought a few new pairs of jeans too.  Totally worth it!  I was so sick of maternity stuff!  And my new clothes make my muffin top way less noticeable because they're not so tight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Wow I feel so much better.  Thanks everyone for writing in.  I've decided to totally indulge & get a mother's helper this summer 3 mornings per week mostly for working out time.  I told DH either I spend the $ on a new wardrobe or on an extra set of hands.  Reading everyone's response makes me think it's normal & would go away eventually, but I can't wait cuz like I said I don't want to go shopping for the next size up-which would put me into plus sizes b/c I'm quite tall it's not like I'm a size 2 to start with.  I wouldn't even know what stores to go to, it'd be discovering a whole new world.  I'm so glad DH is on board for spending the money.
  • YES!  Between the boobs and the muffin top all my shirts are too tight.  I remember the same thing last time too, but this muffin top is bigger.  :(  

It took fully 9-10 months last time before I felt good in my pre-preg pants, but I think that also had to do with the fact that DS was BFing less by then and I finally wasn't starving and eating non-stop. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yep, in the same boat. But I still weigh 10 pounds more as well than I did pre-pregnancy.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• I have some serious muffin top.  The weight is not coming off as easy this time around.  But even with DD all the squish did eventually tighten up, it took about 6 months for me with DD, and this time I am on a strict schedule to fit into MOH dress by sept.  I have managed to squeeze into it once and zip it all the way, but far from comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I fit in my pre-preg pants, but thanks to my loose flappy belly meat I have it. The muff has won. My pants aren't tight at all, but there it is. :(
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"