Two Under 2

PSA regarding double strollers

I know this topic never ends here! :)

I know people ask about getting a double stroller all the time, is it really necessary, etc. My DD is 4.5 months old, and we hardly used the double stroller in the beginning because I would wear her in a carrier and push DS in the single. I was actually starting to regret getting a double for a while!

However, babywearing is highly overrated in the summer! Yesterday I took both kids to the zoo for the first time since the weather warmed up here. I am so glad I had my double stroller yesterday-DD and I would have both melted with her in the carrier.

Just something to think about as you decide whether to purchase a stroller.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PSA regarding double strollers

• I agree. I held off getting the double stroller until my youngest was 5-6 months, but that was only because she was a November baby and I had no real need for it in the winter. But, once the warmer weather came (and DD was 6 months old) I used it all the time. I still use it all the time and my kids are 3 and 18 months.
  • I agree! DS2 hated the stroller from the get go so I wore exclusively for the first 6 months. The summer months when he was a newborn were tough! I am so glad he likes the stroller now that it's heating up again.
    P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejallascalla:
    I agree. I held off getting the double stroller until my youngest was 5-6 months, but that was only because she was a November baby and I had no real need for it in the winter. But, once the warmer weather came (and DD was 6 months old) I used it all the time. I still use it all the time and my kids are 3 and 18 months.

Good point! I'm having an Oct. baby so I need to rethink the timing. Unless grandparents are willing to kick down for one earlier! Ha!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup.

As much as I advocate double strollers (and LOVE mine), I also love baby wearing.  Today I went shopping and wore my son in the Ergo for nearly 2 hours (DD was in the cart).  When I took him off and put him in the carseat I was DRENCHED with sweat.  I considred it a memo: TOO HOT.

I can't imagine not having even just a simple double umbrella.  You don't have to spend $600 on a fancy stroller, but I think it is worth having something to fall back on occasionally for times when it is hot, you want to try on clothes, your toddler doesn't want to walk, etc. 

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Agreed!  It was one HOT summer last summer.  I also never got good at things like changing DS's diaper while wearing DD.  I like to have a place to put her down! 
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I agree and my kids are 17 months and 1 month old. I wear DD in the Moby or Ergo sometimes, but I couldn't live without a double stroller. DS can walk, but it's nice to have a safe place to keep him contained when we're out. I'm glad we splurged for one we really like (BJCM). We did pass on the car seat adapter this time though. $90 savings and no big deal unless we're in and out of the car repeatedly. Actually, like baby wearing, the car seat is hot for DD so I wouldn't keep her in the car seat on the stroller most times anyway.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"