August 2011 Moms
Options

How long did it take for your GTT results?

I had my test last Friday morning. My MW's policy is no news is good news, and I haven't heard anything back. The labwork was done at a Quest Lab instead of at the hospital, so I'm sure that adds a little extra time to get results.  Just wondering if I'm in the clear! How long did it take for your results to come back in, especially if you had it done at an outside lab?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long did it take for your GTT results?

• Options
    They said 2 days but it ended up being a week.
  • Options
    They just told me to do the test one week before my next apt, and then they went over the results at the apt - so I waited a week. I wasn't too worried in the mean time b/c I looked up the risk factors and I have none, plus I keep fairly active.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I knew within a few hours. The results posted on a website that the hospital has set up that I have access to - it shows all my test results and appointments.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My OB has a no news is good news policy also.  I got a phone call one week later that said that I passed the GT, but I had low iron and needed to take a suppliment.
  • Options
    jess!cajess!ca member

imageallisong23:
    I knew within a few hours. The results posted on a website that the hospital has set up that I have access to - it shows all my test results and appointments.

Whoa.  That is awesome.

• Options
    That is awesome that you get test results that fast! I work in a hospital and it is soo frustrating to know that a glucose reading from a normal chemistry panel can be done in less than 30 minutes, but the results are who knows where for a week!
  • Options
    alubinsalubins member
    My OB's office has a no news is good news policy, too.  I found out at yesterday's 28wk check up that my results were fine (and I took the test almost 2wks ago).
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had my one hour test done on Monday and they tried to call me on Tuesday to let me know I failed. I found out on Wednesday when I called them.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If you are concerned I would just call. Quest could have never faxed the results to your provider or had a lab error with the sample.  Any time you have labs drawn at an outisde facility there is a risk that the labs could go astray.  As a physician, I appreciate when my patients take some responsibility for monitring the follwo up of their labs.
  • Options

imageallisong23:

THis is how mine works, without the appointments on there. They say it takes up to 7 days, but mine were there the next day (within 24 hours) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    About 24 hours.  My doctor/medical plan has a website that allows patients to access their medical records and lab-work.  It's nice because it even shows what their normal values are, so I can interpret them and have an idea if I'm okay or not before my doctor has a chance to contact me.
  • Options
    megd06megd06 member

imageallisong23:

I don't take my test until Tuesday, but this is how I also get all test results back--LOVE it!

• Options
    Exactly one week.  I hate the suspense for these test results.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had mine (both 1-hr and 3-hr) done at Quest & both took 2 business days to come back. I had 3-hr on Tuesday morning & they had the results Thursday morning. I would call if it's been a couple days- no harm in asking. I passed my 3-hr, but they didn't seem bothered at all that I called to check.
  • Options
    I'm no help- They tested mine right when they drew the blood! I knew within a matter of minutes:)
  • Options
    zenmazenma member

imageallisong23:

That's awesome!

I had mine last Friday as well and haven't had a call yet. My office takes a no news is good news approach as well. However I'm going to call on Monday just to make sure.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"