July 2011 Moms
Options

A note about dermoplast spray (for a vaginal birth)

The nurses told me today that my hospital is required to confiscate the dermoplast spray from moms before they leave the hospital.  Oddly enough they aren't required to take the tucks.  Anyway, I know that stuff is pretty important (especially if you had a tear) so you might want to pick up your own can to have at home before your delivery in case your nurse makes you give it to them. 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: A note about dermoplast spray (for a vaginal birth)

• Options
    They used the spray on me but never gave it to me to use while in the hospital, I used the witch hazel pads which worked for me..
  • Options
    The nurses on the tour of our hospital told us to ask for as much of this stuff as we could and stash it away to take home with us (along with tucks, pads, breast pads, etc).  Maybe every hospital policy is different. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Dermoplast spray is the shiznit for a tired, abused vag!!

That sucks that they confiscate that stuff from you.  Our hospital let us take a ***-ton of everything we could possibly need for ds and for me.  

imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Thats odd. I took mine home. Along with my peri bottle, tucks, and pads from the open package. Pretty much anything opened for me or DD I could take.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    So....do they do bag checks before you leave??? Wink I'd be tucking some under my dirty sweat socks or something lol.

imageimage
  • Options

imageBooger+Bear:
    So....do they do bag checks before you leave??? Wink I'd be tucking some under my dirty sweat socks or something lol.

Haha!  I was shocked they took half used bottles of the stuff away. I just wanted to make sure people had a heads up in case their hospital was weird like mine.  They are super awesome in every other way, but if I'd had a vaginal delivery they would have had to pry that stuff out of my hands!  

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Weird, I was given a can of it to take home with DS.  I have some at home, but I think it's a good idea to pick up a can if planning a vaginal birth.  It was a life saver for me and my 2nd degree tear.
  • Options

Also a note: Do NOT try to use Lanocane instead of Dermoplast.

I sent my husband out to get Dermoplast after I had a skin biopsy in that region and he returned with Lanocane because it was on sale and had the same active ingredients. One blast from the can almost sent me through the roof with pain. Turns out that one of inactive ingredients in Lanocane is alcohol and burns like the fires of hell. Not something you want to put on an already painful hoohah.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ya definitely stock up, I'm not sure I could have survived without it lol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"