Baby Showers
Options

When should invites go out?

My baby shower will be on July 23rd. My sister is throwing my shower and she isn't sure when the best time would be either. I was thinking sending them out the 2nd week in June would be good as that will give about 5 weeks notice. Is this to early or to late?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When should invites go out?

• Options
    Mine went out about 5 weeks ago and my shower is on Saturday. So anywhere between 4-5 weeks ahead of time. Maybe 6 weeks to out-of-state guests, for arrangement purposes.
    Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    IMO 4 weeks is adequate time.  As far as I'm concerned if a guest has 2 weekends to shop that is enough.  If you have people who are coming a distance or are always extremely busy you might want to get them a "heads up" (or save the date) so they can make plans/arrangements, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I always thought 4-6 weeks was the rule of thumb, especially at this time of year because people have more weekend activities, vacations, sports for their kids, etc... as summer gets underway.  It's always better to send them too early rather than too late.
  • Options

imageweddingbells2010:
    I always thought 4-6 weeks was the rule of thumb, especially at this time of year because people have more weekend activities, vacations, sports for their kids, etc... as summer gets underway.  It's always better to send them too early rather than too late.

This.  I think 4 weeks normally, but more during the summer months.

Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Options
    No less than 4 weeks, my invites almost didn't make that mark and whew my gosh alot of the people had to rearrange things to make it. So no less than 4 weeks i'd suggest 5 to be safe!
    Computer HopeBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    CortsCorts member
    My shower is Aug 7th and my invites are going out June 15th. The summer is a very busy time for people, they have to plan vacations, child care, ect. So I think if it is during  the summer months, people should be given as much notice as possible. JMO.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think that should be plenty of time just remember give your guest plenty of time to make arrangements to attend and have time to pick out your gifts from your registery (if you have one)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Usually around 3 weeks is good. Early fine for those who need to plan ahead.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"