Georgia Babies
Options

boys vs. girls

I don't know if this is a second kid thing or a boy thing, but this kid is TROUBLE! He gets into EVERYTHING!  I have had to secure every thing in this house.  I've had to hide every plug, because he'll unplug it.  I don't know how he reaches it!  We are lowering his crib mattress tonight because he stands himself up now.  (he'll be 9 months on Monday)

With Evie, she just sat there and let me carry her from place to place.  This kid is very mobile, very active, very curious about everything.  

So I'm in the kitchen with Evie making her a snack and he was in the play room being very quiet so I checked on him.  He got my laptop onto the floor, which had my menu book and pencil on top of it.  He was penciling the screen and pulled off the E and H letters.  I thought it was broken because he managed to turn the screen brightness all the way down.   I've had enough heart failure for one day. 

And for the love of all things holy, can he stop yanking on that thing!  

Re: boys vs. girls

• Options
    Boys :) .....oh and the fact that you don't have as much time to stay on top of him 100% of the time.  Fun,isnt it :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersbr> Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am really regretting opening this post...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    care99care99 member
    Oh yeah, it's boys.  Luckily I have 2 so I don't know any different, haha.  This is why my house is a permanent disaster zone. 
  • Options
    Totally agree!  Taylor is way more trouble than Caroline ever was!  The boy can't even crawl yet, but I will still find him across the room in 2 seconds.  It's a good thing he has to wear a helmet - it may become protective gear!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lily  pie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rara855rara855 member
    It's so a boy thing. 
  • Options

lmao at Josie's response!  See, we had to do a ton more child-proofing when Riley came along.  Things that Finn never touched, Riley was all over.  Finn was/is a very calm kid though and Riley is hell on wheels. 

• Options
    Gavin wasn't particlarly mobile but I know that we have always had to be extra vigilant w/ him. To this day he would stick his finger in an outlet if its not covered. And yes he has gotten shocked before. I remember you saying you didn't have any baby gates w/ evie and thinking how crazy that was to me! We have gates everywhere! That boy can't be trusted- not even for a second. And as for yanking on it... That is an ongoing battle even now while sitting on the potty he will do all sorts of things that make DH wince!

• Options
    amyb05amyb05 member
    I think it is a 2nd kid thing! You have seen EB in action, she is WAYYYY more trouble than Easton ever was. Everything about her so far is different than Easton. She crawled at 5.5months, walked at 11 and was dive bombing out of her crib at 13 months. She has almost figured out the zipper on the crib tent and she can climb from kitchen floor to on top of the counter and into the sink in about 4 seconds. Seriously, it isn't a boy thing.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagehthomas02:

lmao at Josie's response!  See, we had to do a ton more child-proofing when Riley came along.  Things that Finn never touched, Riley was all over.  Finn was/is a very calm kid though and Riley is hell on wheels. 

I think for us it's going to be a second kid thing. Derek is our mellow child that we never really had to child proof anything for and was content to just play with his toys and never put anything in his mouth. Parker seems like he's going to get into everything already and much more alert than Derek was.  

Derek 6.30.09 & Parker 4.1.11
    Family
  • Options

imagecare99:
    Oh yeah, it's boys.  Luckily I have 2 so I don't know any different, haha.  This is why my house is a permanent disaster zone. 

Ditto.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    welcome to my world.  I wouldn't know anything different but that is why I am so exhausted at night.  The 2nd boy is worse than the first one.  He will be an electrician be because he loves plugs and wires. 
  • Options
    Have you met Colin?!?!  I have learned that if he is quiet, nothing good is happening. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

2nd kid thing at this household. Allison is a busy body 24/7 and a talker. She does not stop talking.

• Options

Ditto slw, I remember the "no baby gates needed with Evie" thing, and thinking no WAY could we survive without a completely child-proof house.  My boys are complete monkeys and into everything.  Hoping Lauren is my mellow child!!

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options
    So this is why I'm terrified:  If it is a second child thing + a boy thing, I am so screwed.  Plus Caroline is most definitely not mellow.  And this baby boy is already 10x more active in utero than Caroline was.  As far as I"m concerned, he is staying in there as long as humanly possible.
  • Options
    maykatmaykat member

imageamyb05:
    I think it is a 2nd kid thing! You have seen EB in action, she is WAYYYY more trouble than Easton ever was. Everything about her so far is different than Easton. She crawled at 5.5months, walked at 11 and was dive bombing out of her crib at 13 months. She has almost figured out the zipper on the crib tent and she can climb from kitchen floor to on top of the counter and into the sink in about 4 seconds. Seriously, it isn't a boy thing.

Totally the second child thing.  Alec was so easy, never got into anything. Aerin is into everything plus has the attitude.  She puts everything in her mouth and gets just as dirty as the boys

• Options

imageMrsL1022:
    Have you met Colin?!?!  I have learned that if he is quiet, nothing good is happening. 

Ditto this exactly!  :)

• Options
    It's both a second child thing and a boy thing for us.  Benjamin was a saint compared to my little devil that I have running around now. And yeah, we all know Benjamin was not exactly a saint! :-)
  • Options
    i think it is LESS gender and MORE birth order....i have two boys and my second is a beautiful handful.
  • Options
    OMG, I swear you just described my son to a T! Wow! He has pulled 2 keys off our laptop and I don't know what they even are now and I don't even know how to pull the dang things off! He thinks it's hilarious to "slap his monkey" as my husband calls it when you take his diaper off and he thinks it's so funny when you tell him to stop yanking it! He definately keeps me going all.day.long! He darts from one room to the other in .5 seconds and races to the dog's water & food bowls constantly. My husband doesn't understand why our house isn't spotless when he gets home. I want another, but don't know if I could handle 2 of those little monsters even though he is awesome! I'm scared to death of some of the things he knows but hasn't let on to because he knows where to put trash in our pantry at the new house that we haven't even been at 2 weeks! I hate to see what he really gets into once he takes off with the walking. Must be a boy thing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really hoping its  a boy thing because once both of mine get mobile if I have 2 like my DS I'm going to be in big trouble.  Just yesterday morning he is downstairs watching cartoons while I brush my teeth and I heard a huge crash.  Luckily it was only a wooden puzzle that he managed to pull down on top of himself, but I swear my heart stopped.  I will say amazon has these great plug in things that cover outlets where you have things pluged into them (so they can't unplug them).  I ordered some for Adam's room because he kept unplugging the baby monitor.
    imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    missmlpmissmlp member

Our boy which was first was and still is  a handful.  My daughter thus far is so much calmer even as a baby than he ever was.  They are truly night and day.  Going from a busy body boy to a mellow girl makes life so much easier for me because I was always used to the wildness.

• Options
    DD is in to everything! She is a girl and the 1st child. Maybe she is an exception to the rule. She wears me out!

• Options

It's boys.  Try having two.  Moms with just girls have no idea.

But with boys you pay your dues early and then in high school the Moms of girls have another thing coming. 

• Options
    imagedbryson:

But with boys you pay your dues early and then in high school the Moms of girls have another thing coming. 

bwahahahahaha, so.true.

• Options
    imagehthomas02:
    imagedbryson:

bwahahahahaha, so.true.

And this is why having one of each sucks :) You get it bad as a toddler/young child with the boy and then bad in the teen years with the girl! 

• Options
    myrallmyrall member
    imagedbryson:

I respectfully disagree. My sister and I were A+, multi-honor students who never missed a curfew. We saved our parents the heartache until we were in college and they weren't responsible for us anymore. ;)

However, my little brother is the one that dated the batshit crazy juvenile that lit fires in our backyard and threatened to have my brother charged with rape. He nearly sent both my parents to an early grave and fired me and the sister up enough that that little girl almost got us both on her doorstep with baseball bats. 

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    K&P414K&P414 member
    imagedbryson:

I know there is an exception to every rule and Emma is mine.  She's been hell on wheels since conception. 

• Options

To quote my totally un-PC friend when girls are older...

with boys you have to worry about one penis but with girls you have to worry about them all....

• Options
    imagedbryson:

To quote my totally un-PC friend when girls are older...

with boys you have to worry about one penis but with girls you have to worry about them all....

this scares me more than anything.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"