Hawaii Babies
Options

** Lori - Britax Boulevard & CR-V?**

Quick question for you...do you know if you can fit your infant seat and the Britax Boulevard in your CR-V?  We have a CR-V as well & I wanted to make sure we will be able to fit LO's convertible car seat (RF or FF) and the current infant seat we have (we have a Chicco Keyfit) if/when there is a 2nd LO.

Thank you!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: ** Lori - Britax Boulevard & CR-V?**

• Options

butting in here....

we don't have the same car but FWIW we have the chicco keyfit 30 and just installed the boulevard into our car.... i think it is about the same overall size as the chicco.  we did not have to push the front passenger seat forward any more to fit the britax seat in there and there seems to be about the same amount of room next to the seat (if there is less it is ever so slight) - we can still fit 2 people in the back of our car (although the person in the middle needs to be petite!) I don't know if you saw my FB post? we just got it last week for $186... the sale prices have gone up but you can still get it for $198 right now

• Options

oh wow!  that is a good price.  where did you get it again?  Thanks for the info, Jamie!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    we got it from diapers.com - here's the link to my post :)
  • Options

You have a good memory! We have the Boulevard CS 70 and got it on sale from BabyCatalog.com.

It fits really well rear facing in the CRV. We have it behind the passenger side and there's plenty of room for the front passgenger's leg room, etc. In fact, I think I didn't adjust the seat forward at all after uninstalling our Graco Snugride 32 and installing the Britax. We're using the tether and anchored it to the inside rear passenger seat where it's bolted to the floor. We still have room for rear passengers, but as Jaime noted the center seat should be for a child or petite person. We're very happy with our Boulevard.

When Baby#2 arrives he/she will be in the Graco Snugride 32 behind the driver's side (since DH needs to have the seat all the back and slightly reclined). I am worried about passenger room between the two carseats (my mom sometimes rides with us), it'll probably be tight but I know the center seat belt will still be accessible/usable. We have the latch system on the two outer seats, so I prefer to use that for the carseats, but I've read that you can put the carseats next to eachother as long as they're not "leaning" on each other (i.e. not supporting the others weight, etc.). We have no plans on purchasing a new vehicle for several years, so we'll have to make this work!

We have a Cosco Scenera RF 40 behind the passenger seat, rear facing, in DH's Accord and will use it when we fly. Once Baby#2 arrives we'll install and extra Graco base behind the driver's side. The kids will be in the CRV 90% of the time, but we want the Accord to be able to transport them if/when there's a need. We use Latch in the Accord too.

• Options
    MrsZizMrsZiz member

*butting in* 

I have Bella's britax and Grayson's graco both RF in my 2002 honda civic. It's TIGHT back there and no one can sit between the seats but it works for us. It's comfortable for both of us to drive too. DH is 6' and I'm 5'8". We never need to fit a person between the car seats. I thought we'd use DH's truck (4 dr) for our family car when he wasn't working but we actually use the civic 95% of the time because it's WAY better on gas mileage. We'll eventually trade it/sell it for a minivan when we have a 3rd child, whenever that might be. DH wanted to sell it sooner but we talked about it and for now it's economical for us to keep it since it works. 

• Options

Glad to hear y'all aren't having a hard time fitting both seats in your car.  We only plan on having 2 kiddos so I am only worried about fitting the two seats at one time and any visitors may have to just follow us in the car behind if things get too tight!  :) 

Sarah, do you have a two door or 4 door Civic?  We have a two door Civic which is a pain to get the infant seat in and out of. 

fyi...PP hadmentioned ordering off of babycatalog.com...did you know they stopped carrying Britax?  That was one of the first places I looked and apparently Britax ended their relationship.  bummer.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"