VBAC
Options

VBAC 12 months after csection????

Hi ladies,

I am 34weeks 2days pregnant and my first son will be 1 in exactly one week from today (5/26/11-today) I had a csection with my first son and i know that i want more children in the future. I want a VBAC and my OB agrees to let me at least try. But I am very nervous and I don't want to make the wrong decision. I've done lots of research about VBAC's but i'm still not sure. So my questions are...

Has anyone ever had a successful VBAC this close after csection??

If so, how was the experience? Was it worth it?

What kind of fears did you have before reaching a decision?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: VBAC 12 months after csection????

• Options

First of all, congratulations on your pregnancy! You must feel happy to be getting towards the end huh? I bet it feels like you've been pregnant for two years at this point :)

I had a VBAC with 13.5 months in between the births. It was honestly an amazing experience and I'm really, really glad that I tried and that it happened. Absolutely worth it.

My main fear was that I would try and be unsuccessful. However, I knew that as long as I got a fair chance to labor I would be ok. I did also have some fears of a rupture happening, but for some reason I didn't dwell much on that.

I don't think that this is a situation where there is a "wrong" decision necessarily. There are risks to vbac and there are risks to rcs. Depending on your situation and preferences, either can be a good choice. I know it can be stressful though. I wish you luck!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Congrats on your pregnancy!

I was going to post a similar thread.  I am going to get blood work done tomorrow to see if I am pregnant again.  If so, my deliveries will be about 11 months apart.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    *LrCg**LrCg* member
    I haven't had a VBAC yet (my first was a natural birth and 2nd was an ER c-section due to an almost complete planceta abruption) but when I do get pregnant again I will do a VBAC.  I have no fears of a VBAC, I firmly believe its much safer for baby and mother.  I think most women are scared of a uterine rupture and if you google odds of a uterine rupture in a VBAC you'll come across a great article about the odds (I don't remember it well to quote it but I do remember one of them was you have a better chance of dying in a car accident vs. a rupture, etc.).  I'm assuming you must be a bit nervous about it since you're brining up the fact that you didn't wait the recommended 18 months.  Please know that that's just a recommendation.  I myself question my doctor on this because our kids are back to back and we want to continue that and she stated that your uterus is as strong as it will ever get 2 months after birth PERIOD.  They only say 18 months because they just FEEL its a good time period before your emotionally and physically ready.  I can remember how hard it was to be pregnant and breast feeding an infant, etc- so that's where they get that from.  Best of luck to you!
  • Options

Hi

Have you had your baby yet? If so, did you manage to do a VBAC successfully. I'm hoping for a VBAC but it will only be 10 1/2 months later so just wanted to hear about others' experiences. Thanks and congratulations!

• Options
    Mine were 15m apart, but it was absolutely worth it.
  • Options

thanks ladies for the congrats, encouraging words, and the info...I have decided to at least try for a VBAC...I pray that everything goes well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"