Can I join? — The Bump
Food Allergy

Can I join?

Hi ladies!  I just found this board and I'm really excited about it!  A little about me - my DH and I have been married for almost 2 years, and we're both 29.  We're ttc our first.  I lost a pregnancy at 12w in December.  Now we're finally cleared to start ttc again.

About 10 yrs ago I was DX w/ Irritible Bowel Syndrom and have battled symptoms since.  I've tried a lot of different things and nothing has worked.  After my loss, I was really worried about connections between Celiac and miscarriage, so I had my GI test me again.  It came back negative, but he thinks I may still have a gluten sensitivity.  I just started a GF diet about 2 weeks ago to see if it helps.  I'm also avoiding most fructose (except small amounts of naturally occuring in things like fruit). 

I have an autoimmune thyroid issue (haashimoto's), as well as seasonal allergies (basically year round), so I think my risk of food allergies might be elevated.  I know there have been connections shown between Hashimoto's and Celiac.  I'm willing to try anything to avoid going through a heartwrenching loss again. 

I look forward to learning a lot from you ladies! 

PGAL/PAL welcome
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
My Ovulation Chart
3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi

Re: Can I join?

• Sorry to hear about your loss.  I, too, have food issues.  No allergies like my son, but I have milk protein/soy intolerance, gluten sensitivity and IBS.  My IBS symptoms come and go.  I was tested for celiac too.  After the procedure, the gastroenterologist told me he was 95% sure I had celiac and the test came back negative.  I am not always sure I believe it.  It is also interesting that after having milk protein intolerance my whole life (even though I didn't realize it until 19), I could mostly tolerate dairy during my pregnancies.  So weird.  I have been pregnant or nursing since January of 2008 and now as I wean, my IBS symptoms and other issues are coming back.  Hormones and pregnancy do funny things to our bodies.  Okay, I just went on AND ON!  Good luck with your TTC!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • I'm sorry to hear of your loss. 

It took me a long time to find out that my "stomach issues" were actually celiac disease.  I don't know if undiagnosed celiac disease caused my m/c but I wonder. 

• Loading the player...
  • lavrillavril member
    Thank you!   I'm sorry you both are having to deal with these issues too.  Thanks for sharing your stories with me.

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards