Boston Babies
Options

Mt. Auburn vs Newton-Wellsley

Does anyone have any personal experiences with these 2 hospitals to share?

Re: Mt. Auburn vs Newton-Wellsley

• Options

Personally I don't have any experience at either of these yet but my friend who is also a doula has worked many times at both and speaks very highly of Newton-Wellsley.  She says it's her favorite hospital to work with. Hope this helps and congratulations!

P.S. If you need a doula I'd love to help!  :) My email is tiffanyalanarusso@gmail.com

• Options

I have been going to NWH since we found out we were expecting twins in December.  I have been extremely pleased with the care I've received, and my OB atually works at Newton-Wellesley OBGYN, which has offices right on site.  We have been frequent fliers of their Maternal Fetal Medicine office, which is connected to The Brigham's practice.

They just transferred my care to The Brigham this week, as we have some complications, and they want to make sure that our children get the best care possible (at Children's, if needed).  We're heading to The Brigham tomorrow for our first appointment, and the folks at NWH actually hugged me and asked me to send pictures/bring the babies in once they've arrived.

Good Luck with your decision!

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I also had a wonderful experience with NWH.  Like PP, my OB is also at Newton-Wellesley OBGYN, and also like PP, when I had some complications, I was transferred to BWH because they wanted to make sure I got the best care possible.

The complications were with me and not DD though, so I only had to be BWH for a week, and I delivered at 40+ weeks at NWH.  I also had a couple of overnight stays at NWH earlier in my pregnancy, and throughout everything I cannot say enough about the doctors and nurses I encountered.  They were all exceptional.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I had a fantastic experience at NWH and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the staff and my stay there. I plan to deliver there with future pregnancies.
  • Options

I had DS at NWH and was very happy. I had to be in the hospital for one three day period during the middle of my third trimester (blood pressure issue) and then for about 6 days with the induction and birth of my son via c-section. The nurses were really great and extremely helpful getting DH and I ready to go home with a new baby.

On the other hand, I have had a couple of co-worker who had their babies at Mt. Auburn and they were also very happy as well. Honestly, they are two great hospitals and I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a great experience with the OBs at Mt. Auburn. They were very respectful of my choices and allowed me to take the time I needed during labor. I've heard good things about their MWs, too. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"