Houston Babies
Options

More Daycare/ Preschool Q's

They require that we label everything.  Makes sense but of course I've never needed to do that before.

His cups- (check) Bpaullo got me some awesome bottle/sippy markers a long time ago and I'm about to break those puppies out and maybe order more.

Monogrammed lunch bag, sleep mat, and blanket are being worked on.

How do you label their extra clothes?  The idea of a marker makes me cringe.  I thought I saw something better on here before.

Am I forgetting anything?

He's only going 1/2 days in the summer and will start full days in the fall with his 3 year old class.

Re: More Daycare/ Preschool Q's

• Options

Name bubbles :)

https://www.namebubbles.com/labels/laundry-safe-labels/bittybubble.html

I'm admittedly lazy about labeling DD's things and they actually don't raise much of a stink.... it helps she's the only baby there who uses cloth diapers or her particular brand of bottles .

imageimage

• Options
    I just use a sharpie on the tag of her clothes. If it's tagless...well then I don't send it to school because I don't know how to label it and am too cheap to buy labels for them, lol.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I use our labels for her cups etc,

They keep an outfit at school for her so the only time I wash them is if she has an accident

• Options
    Suzi-G-Suzi-G- member
    Another vote for name bubbles.  We bought the daycare pack early on they come with dishwasher safe labels and little round laundry safe labels (for clothes) and little foot shaped labels to go inside shoes.  I'm still on my original order, though I don't admittedly label all his clothes anymore.  I guess I should. 
    My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • Options
    Extra change of clothes are put in a gallon zip lock with his name on the outside.
    image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • Options

A friend of mine makes these iron on ones that work really good for the tagless stuff

https://delsfootnotes.blogspot.com/search/label/Labels%20-%20Iron%20On

I'm guessing you could probably even get your own iron on paper and print some yourself?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imageJamicanBride:
    Extra change of clothes are put in a gallon zip lock with his name on the outside.

This is what we did, too.

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I used Oliver's Labels and got some really cute tags for clothes, sippy cups, and hard tags for bags. I don't label all of this clothes, but they stay in his diaper bag, which does have his name on it.

I had noticed that if there were certain things not labeled, the teachers would write his name on it with a sharpie. One day they even labeled every part on one of his bottles. Um, hello, his name on the front should do the trick. We actually told them to not label anything and if it needed to be labeled to ask us.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    jen5-03jen5-03 member

I think the most important clothing to label is probably their shoes, especially if they'll be taking them off for nap time. I either sharpie the insole or on the bottom of the shoe if there is a slightly raised area where it won't wear off right away.

I don't label clothes. I have some clear vinyl zipper bags that curtain panels came in and I use those. They're incredibly sturdy! I've been using the same ones for 3 years.

ETA: since at 3+ the spare clothes rarely get used, I put some grubby old clothes I don't really like in there because I don't want to keep nicer clothes out of circulation and waste them.

- Jena
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"