July 2011 Moms
Options

**kristen61607**

Okay you have made me feel very unproductive and guilty on bedrest lol! I know how to knit and have been meaning to start little blankets for my girls but was wondering how you found it learning to crochet? My girlfriend said it was easier than knitting and I probably could pick it up quickly. Also, where did you get the supplies? Did you order online or did hubby get them for you? Do you have a site you could recommend? You got me a bit motivated ha ha! Hope you're feeling well!

Re: **kristen61607**

• Options

Lol don't feel guilty! I just get bored so easy, so I needed to find something to do with my hands.

Crocheting is SO much easier/faster than knitting. My MIL comes over every afternoon to keep me company (ok...she's babysitting me...lol) and she knits and and she got like 3 rows for a preemie hat done in the time it took me to make an entire hat!

I actually had a crochet hook before I went on bedrest, but my mom has gotten me all the yarns. When she sees a pretty one she gets it for me! I have a Size G hook and I feel it's pretty universal.

I learned through these videos: Crochet by Teresa  I just started with the most basic and learned now to chain, Single crochet, double crochet, etc. Now...it does take time for it to feel "natural". Don't think I just watched the video and could do it right away. I had to pause and rewind the videos constantly until it "clicked"! After I got comfortable doing the basic stitches, I found patterns to follow. This website has 2 patterns that I use over and over! (Shell stitch beanie and preemie beanie).

Good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions! It's pretty addicting! :) 

photo 41f1f21b-fd5b-40ab-bc31-76a13e270270_zpscf391ac9.jpg
    After 2 years, Injects, PCOS diagnosis and 2 IUI's, we were blessed with our beautiful twin girls!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Baby Girl #3!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much! I have an online photography class I am slowly getting through but I definitely want to make something as well. Hopefully I will be stuck here for several more weeks so another project is certainly welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing!  I'm not on bedrest, but this could be a great way to keep my hands busy (instead of constantly shoving food in my mouth - which only leads to heartburn anyway).  :)
    DS1 9/2008 * DD 8/2011 * EDD DS2 3/2016
  • Options
    Thanks again for the links!  I'm about half-way through my first preemie beanie! :)  So excited!!
    DS1 9/2008 * DD 8/2011 * EDD DS2 3/2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"