Philadelphia Babies

ob/gyn rec in center city

Hi everyone!  I'm new here, just found out I am 5 weeks pregnant!  I was hoping I could get a recommendation for a good ob/gyn in center city.  I want to make sure my doctor is caring and will listen to my questions.  Any thoughts/experience with Dr. Kolecki at Penn Center for Women or any of the doctors in that group?

Thanks so much for your help!

Lauren 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ob/gyn rec in center city

• I have heard she was great but when I tried to get in with her in December she was not taking new patients.  That group uses the laborist model at PA Hospital so you have to consider that as well.  Dr. Tim Shawl was very good and also delivers at Pennsylvania Hospital but delivers all his own patients.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really like Penncare for Women. I used to see Dr. Alam and loved her but she moved away. I'm now seeing Dr. Borromeo. She delivered my baby last year. The laborist model doesn't bother me b/c you spend most of labor w/ the nurses.  

Pennsylvania Hospital was also fantastic. I didn't get to deliver/recover in one of their new rooms b/c they were still under renovation, but they should all be done by the time you are due. The staff was great. Also, DS ended up in the NICU for a month after he was born and it's a level III NICU w/ the best doctors around.

• Loading the player...
  • Dr. Kolecki is AMAZING! 

I had some issues during my pregnancy and she was so supportive, understanding and caring. She made a really shitty problem bearable and actually see the good in it. I could not have asked for a better doctor.

And the laborist model wasn't even an issue with me because by the time I was ready to deliver my son came so fast the there was only the nurse and an intern who had been there for 5 days in the room. Dr. Kolecki was on rotation that day and she did come and check on me and made sure everything was ok with my son and I.

Congrats! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • I went with Penn Care for women after a bad experience with another Dr. in a private practice.

I didn't mind the Dr. I was assigned through PennCare which was Dr. Renbaum, however there were 2 things that were frustrating:

1. The wait for appointments - On average I had to wait an hour and there were a few times I waited in excess of an hour a half. My appointments only last 10-15 minutes so I am not sure what the hold up was every time. It can just be frustrating when you walk 2 blocks and have money in a meter.

2. When you call you are on hold for a very long time and it can take a while to have your call returned (although they do return calls which I guess is a plus).

I will say overall I will go back and I was very impressed with Pennsylvania Hospital. 

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • One note about the long wait times...I also had that issue for my first few appts. I ended up rescheduling them for first thing in the morning, or right after lunch. The wait was much shorter then!
  • She only saw the OB side in the afternoon. I would have grabbed the appointment right after lunch but with work it would not an option.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • imageeSynergy:

I really like Penncare for Women. I used to see Dr. Alam and loved her but she moved away. I'm now seeing Dr. Borromeo. She delivered my baby last year. The laborist model doesn't bother me b/c you spend most of labor w/ the nurses.  

Pennsylvania Hospital was also fantastic. I didn't get to deliver/recover in one of their new rooms b/c they were still under renovation, but they should all be done by the time you are due. The staff was great. Also, DS ended up in the NICU for a month after he was born and it's a level III NICU w/ the best doctors around.

I love Penncare for Women! I go to Borromeo and I adore her. Mehta delivered me, but like e said, the nurses are really who are with you the whole time. I was beyond happy that I ended up with an office that uses Pennsylvania Hospital. The Lactation consultants were great. Really everyone was!! 

Bean Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Bean Part Deux BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi,

I have heard great things about Dr. Kolecki and was originally scheduled to see her, but she had a vacation that conflicted with my first appt. so I am seeing Dr. Renbaum same practice also great!! The practice is really good and I can't say enough good things about and Pennsylvania hospital!!

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"