Parenting after 35
Options

100% NBR: Family crisis and resolution

If you've experienced a very traumatic time in your family, did your family members pull together or handle it in the complete opposite and counterproductive way?

My family is choosing to do everything wrong. And it hurts. And it accomplishes nothing. I just wondered if this was the norm? I sincerely hope not.

Re: 100% NBR: Family crisis and resolution

• Options
    PeskyPesky member
    nothing I would characterize as traumatic but certainly divisive and upsetting and yes, I watched 3 different people handle it in 3 very different ways, not all of which I agreed with, one in particular very counterproductive.  Sorry you are having to go through this.  It just makes the situation that much harder.  Left Hug

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

Awww Jen!  

My family's got a whole subscription full of issues, and we've handled tough times in some crazy and divisive ways.  I'm surprised we're still civil, let alone friendly.  Right now my younger sister is going through stuff that's causing havok and mayhem, and no one knows what to do, and everyone is just blundering around...

*hugs*

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aww Jen...man, that sucks out loud. To answer your question, when my mom died things got a little ugly to the point where one of my sisters cut off communication with everyone for several months. It was sooo not how I envisioned things would go. I just assumed everyone would be on the same page but everyone dealt with the aftermath differently. All I can say is thank God for my friends during that time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It just sucks because our family knows us and supposedly loves us. I just don't get it all. And for the record, blended families are no fun. Sorry- I am sure they can be. But so many external forces seem to work against you. I have several blended families myself (dad remarried, mom remarried, DH has two kids from a prior marriage) and they're all so vastly different. The one constant is people outside of your "core" family who seem to have different agendas, etc. It just flat out sucks badly.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're going through all that, family stuff sometimes sucks big time Left Hug
    Me: 44 DH: 42. DS born healthy at 40 weeks 8/24/09. TTC since then with no luck or ART. Surprise BFP 8/6/14... MMC @ 8 weeks 4 days... Miss you everyday sweet baby angel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"