Two Under 2
Options

Were you 100% sure.....

DS will be 1 yr old in July. We want kids close together, I feel like I am 90% sure that anytime now would be good to TTC.

I know that I want DS to have sibilings and that it will be great for them to be close in age.

Its just that last 10% of me is thinking that once I commit to this, our 3 people family will be no longer. I guess I am just scared of change?

Did anyone have the same feelings? Will I ever be 100 %SURE?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Were you 100% sure.....

• Options

LOL!!!

Mine are 3 and 4 and I'm still not 100% sure!!!

hee hee

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Options
    Yep, I had the same feelings. We decided we were just going to "see what happens" and let fate take its course so I would stop overthinking everything. Well, the first month off BC we found out what happens...LOL.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehowleyshell:

LOL!!!

Mine are 3 and 4 and I'm still not 100% sure!!!

hee hee

LOL!  We spent the 1st 6 months after Mia was born going, OMG, what did we do??????  It is mostly all good now though.  Ha.  

O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • Options

I wasn't sure at all when I first found out because I felt like my DS was too little and that I was going to neglect him but now I'm feeling better about it. I'm excited to see how they will get along since I didn't have a very good relationship with my siblings because of the big age difference.  I wanted to have my children close in age and I was thinking of getting pregnant around dec/jan not now.  It was nice getting the surprise though since I'm always planning everything.  We'll see what happens in 8 months! :)

• Options

Oh god, no! I did not want to be pregnant again and since I'm not a big fan of newborns, I wasnt looking forward to doing that all again so quickly.

However, now that DD is here I'm glad we stuck to our original plan to have them close. I think it would have been much trickier to have them further apart. DS is starting to get jealous of us paying attention to other babies/toddlers, and if we were bringing a new baby home now I think it would be really difficult to him. He was blissfully unaware to DD when she was born and when we pay attention to DD now it doesnt bother him because he's used to it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageKC_13:

Oh god, no! I did not want to be pregnant again and since I'm not a big fan of newborns, I wasnt looking forward to doing that all again so quickly.

However, now that DD is here I'm glad we stuck to our original plan to have them close. I think it would have been much trickier to have them further apart. DS is starting to get jealous of us paying attention to other babies/toddlers, and if we were bringing a new baby home now I think it would be really difficult to him. He was blissfully unaware to DD when she was born and when we pay attention to DD now it doesnt bother him because he's used to it.

I'm glad to see you wrote this.  This is my thinking for TTC #2 soon.  DS won't know the difference because hopefully he'll be just shy of turning 2. 

• Options
    imagedesigner_wifey:

I'm glad to see you wrote this.  This is my thinking for TTC #2 soon.  DS won't know the difference because hopefully he'll be just shy of turning 2. 

I think you may find a different experience at just shy of 2.  The pp's son was only 1 when her 2nd was born and they are still pretty adaptable and unaware of a lot at that age.  We moved when DD was 10 months and it took her like a day to adjust, I think it would be a lot different now.  I can see a huge difference with DD already and she's only 15 months.  I'm pretty sure she will be fully aware of the new baby and I'm definitely preparing myself for some adjustment time.

I am still hoping that at 20-21 months, she'll adjust faster and easier than a 3-4 year old, but who knows!  :)

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • Options
    StefB28StefB28 member
    imageKC_13:

I'm so glad to read this-- my kids will be 14 months apart. We didn't expect to have them quite so close, but I keep telling myself that it will be better this way & that we won't have to deal with as much jealousy as we would if there were more years between the kids.

• Options
    I waivered between feeling 100% ready to TTC again some days to feeling 100% uncertain on others.

Ultimately, I'm glad we decided to TTC #2 when we did. I'm glad that we'll get the infant stages over with all at one time. I think it would be much harder to have kids that are spaced several years apart since it's so easy to forget how difficult the infant stage can be at times.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"