July 2011 Moms
Options

bruise/ring around belly button?

hi ladies

i just noticed that i have a purplish/greenish ring around my belly button that looks like a bruise - it doesn't hurt at all, doesn't stick out anywhere/no lumps, so i am not concerned about a hernia or anything, i am 33 weeks, very pale skin w/no visible linea negra, and my belly button is still (barely) and innie/almost flat - but i am wondering if this could be a sign that it is going to pop out soon? have any of you experienced something similar? thanks!

Re: bruise/ring around belly button?

• Options
    I have it too -- and like you I have no linea negra and a flat/slightly in belly button. I never popped with DD so I am not expecting to this time either, I think it's just the skin stretching.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • Options
    I had that when I was pregnant with DS and my belly button never popped out, nor did I have a linea negra. This time, I thought I saw the ring again, but it must have vanished. And my belly button is OUT. I Googled it and I think it's just related to melanin, like the "pregnancy mask" and linea negra.
    Tom's wife, Drew's mama, super cool. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Jay_CeeJay_Cee member

imageGummybear:
    I have it too -- and like you I have no linea negra and a flat/slightly in belly button. I never popped with DD so I am not expecting to this time either, I think it's just the skin stretching.

I'm the same, except I do have a very light linea negra. Sometimes it's a little sore.

J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    thanks girls, that makes me feel better! i noticed it today at work and thought i was going crazy - glad i asked here first, instead of forcing my co-workers to look at my bare stomach to help me determine what was wrong with belly button :)
  • Options

I have the "bruising" too. Although mine looks more like a series of veins. I have a very light linea negra - almost invisible and my belly button changes daily -sometimes flat, sometimes an inny.

I am a FTM so I don't know that it will pop but my best uneducated guess is that they are unrelated.

Anniversary< br > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have the same thing...it's a very visible bruised ring around my belly button. I've had it at least 4 weeks and the ultrasound tech said it's pretty normal. I also have a very visible linea negra. My LO loves to stick her butt around my belly button- not sure if it's related!
    DD1 June 2011
    DD2 Due January 2015
  • Options
    I've had this since about week 24!  Still hasn't popped out though.
    Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • Options
    I have it, as well as a faint linea negra.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageMuseumMaven:
    I have it, as well as a faint linea negra.

Ditto.  I just assumed it was part of the linea negra, which is noticeable but not that dark.  I had a line going belly button down since pretty early on, but I started getting a line above my belly button around the same time as the ring around it in the last month or so.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"