D.C. Area Babies
Options

New Orleans ?'s

We will be traveling to NO for my cousins wedding at the end of June.  We paid for a lapt seat for DS so we will have our car seat with us.  We will be renting a car for the first portion of our trip.  We are getting the rental car on Friday, checking into our timeshare, spending the night, then driving to the wedding and checking into the hotel we will be staying the night at for the wedding.  We'll drive back to NO on Sunday. 

After that do we need a car?  We will be staying in the Garden District off St. Charles Avenue.  BTW, it's $24/day for parking...

I'm going to post this on the NO board as well, but thought I would ask your opinions as well.

TIA

Re: New Orleans ?'s

• Options

The trolley system can really take you anywhere you want to go (ie, down to Bourbon Street, French Quarter, etc.)  and the Garden District is gorgeous. You'll have a great time. Only thing - not sure how stroller friendly the trolley would be, it's an old streetcar system and I recall the cars being pretty narrow. If you have the carseat with you though, you could always take a cab, and probably for a lot cheaper than the daily rate parking.

Also, if your LO is into fish at all, check out the aquarium! It's great fun.  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagejess08200:

We will be traveling to NO for my cousins wedding at the end of June.  We paid for a lapt seat for DS so we will have our car seat with us.  We will be renting a car for the first portion of our trip.  We are getting the rental car on Friday, checking into our timeshare, spending the night, then driving to the wedding and checking into the hotel we will be staying the night at for the wedding.  We'll drive back to NO on Sunday. 

After that do we need a car?  We will be staying in the Garden District off St. Charles Avenue.  BTW, it's $24/day for parking...

I'm going to post this on the NO board as well, but thought I would ask your opinions as well.

TIA

I'd prefer a car for where you are staying, but I'm from there and we always have a car when down there, so I really don't know the trolley system well - It's pretty limited, but that may be ok for where you want to get to and from. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"