Childless not by choice
Options

Poll: Work

On a scale of 1-10, how much do you enjoy your job? (10 is the most enjoyment.)

Do you think enjoying your job is important?

What would your dream job be? 

Re: Poll: Work

• Options
    imagesulfababy:

A 9 :) It gets very stressful sometimes. 

Yes, very!!

An RN :)

I'm a CNA (CENA) right now :)

Rosie born August 29, 2013. Blessed by adoption!
  • Options
    imagesulfababy:

I'm going to go with a 7.  I work in the fashion industry and used to be a buyer.  That was pure misery, endless hours for not very much money.  I'm on the financial side of the business now and have a much better work life balance.  I enjoy the people I work with (for the most part) and I am one of those sad people who find spreadsheets enjoyable.

I do think you need to like your job to some degree.  You can't be miserable all the time.  Hence why I made a career path change.  But my philosophy at this point is very much "work to live" rather than "live to work."  If you think you are paid well for the job you do and can come away most days with a sense of accomplishment and pride for what you do, than I think you are in a pretty good position.

My dream job.  I spent a lot of years and money training to be a professional singer.  But I don't think I would still want to do that.  So I will cheat and have 2:  I would love to do cartoon voice over work (My Milhouse & Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons are second to none Stick out tongue) or I would love to be a librarian simply because I love books so much.

"Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Even though I still have some school left, a 10 all the way!

I think it is very important to enjoy what you do. Even more so depending on what you do. Overall, I think your quality of life is better if you can wake up excited to go to work. 

I have to say that, I am living my dream job. I am currently in medical school and even though it has been a very long, hard, road at times I would not change anything about it. I honestly could not do anything else because this is what I was always meant to be.

• Options
    imagesulfababy:

I would give mine an 8. If you'd asked me last year, it would have been closer to 4. My coworkers and boss made all the difference.

I think enjoying your job is very important. It improves your quality of life and makes many things worthwhile.

I'd love to own a specialty bakery. Gourmet chocolate, coffee and cupcakes.

• Options
    imagemmariluh:
    imagesulfababy:

I would give mine an 8. If you'd asked me last year, it would have been closer to 4. My coworkers and boss made all the difference.

I think enjoying your job is very important. It improves your quality of life and makes many things worthwhile.

Oooh cupcakes...looks like I will be hitting up GiGi's Cupcakes before this day is done. =]

• Options
    imagemmariluh:

of course you would- I think one of your goals in life is to make me 500+ pounds. I tried the nutella wrap things and it was so good.
    I'd have to give my job a 9. If for no other reason than it was something I was already doing before and now I get paid a little for it. I write a humor column for the weekly paper and also deliver it which is fun.
    My dream job would probably still be to play for a studio orchestra for movie scores. I could in no way, shape, or form do that today (horribly out of practice) but it was always mt dream.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options

On a scale of 1-10, how much do you enjoy your job? (10 is the most enjoyment.)  8.

Do you think enjoying your job is important?  I like it's very important.

What would your dream job be? Being an ambassador or owning a cafe.  I doubt I will ever be an ambassador (how do you get that job anyway?), but I hope to own a cafe many years down the road.

imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options
    imagesulfababy:

On a scale of 1-10, how much do you enjoy your job? (10 is the most enjoyment.) 6-10 -- depends on the day/time of year... so I guess we'll average it out to an 8.

Do you think enjoying your job is important? Absolutely. I've been in jobs I disliked and it made getting out of bed every day miserable. I get stressed out sometimes and busy, but I always look forward to work and find it meaningful and fulfilling.

What would your dream job be? Traveling food critic... or something along the lines of Rachael Ray's $40 a day thing... only in print form. Being on camera is horribly uncomfortable.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"