Health & Exercise

One month PP and some questions

Hi, I haven't visited this board very much although I love to exercise and eat healthfully.

I was fit pre-pg and worked out throughout my pregnancy.  I am four weeks PP now and have about 8 lbs. left to lose.  I'm not too worried about dropping the weight as I figure it'll work itself out once I head back to the gym and return to running & swimming.

My questions are:

- What do you recommend for treating stretch marks?  I have a bunch on my tummy that are pink and tender to the touch.  Should I use Mederma scar treatment, and is that safe for BFing moms?

- Does anyone know if those hip-binding wraps work? Not the belly-binding ones but the hip ones.  My hips are wider now and if I could spend a few bucks to squish them closer together to avoid having to buy all new jeans and pants, I'd do it.  Plus, I liked my narrow hips pre-pg and would love to get them back.

- For those of you who worked out pre-pg and returned to your workouts post-pg, how long did it take you to reign in the pooch and have a relatively flat stomach again?  Not perfect, but just flat enough to look pretty normal again.

Thanks for your help!

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: One month PP and some questions

• SFAug07SFAug07 member
    I didn't get any stretch marks and my hips are not wider, so can't answer your first two questions. I used the belly bandit which helped me get back to a flat stomach about 2 weeks after birth. Actually my belly was flatter post-baby than before, as I lost all the baby weight and then another 18 pounds in the month after birth. I started running again a week after birth and ran a marathon 2 months after birth, so I got back into shape pretty quickly - but I also continued to run daily until I delivered.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't post on here but I thought I'd give you my answers.

I didn't use anything for my stretch marks. They have just faded a lot. I've heard Mederma works so it couldn't hurt to try it. I'm pretty sure that it's fine if you're breastfeeding.

As far as hips widening, mine were back to normal 3 months pp. I didn't do anything to make that happen, my body just shifted back to normal and even my skinny jeans fit great. Overall, I was back to my normal body 3 to 3 1/2 months after birth. That happened through breastfeeding and very little exercise. My belly is just about the same. I imagine when I stop breastfeeding then the last little bit of pooch will leave as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"