Parenting after 35
Options

Nap strike

So my awesome sleeper has refused napping twice in a row now, yesterday and today. When she is in her crib, she is screaming and wants to get out. We don't have any issues with nighttime sleep but the naps are a disaster. She did it yesterday with DH and I and today with the Au Pair. Any suggestions how to handle this? It is just so strange for us that she won't nap...and even stranger that she'll scream and not just play happily in her crib.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nap strike

• Options
    I think she and Margaux must be in cahoots.  My normally calm, sweet toddler has thrown FITS for the last few days rather than take a nap.  No advice, just sympathy!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    SFAug07SFAug07 member

Amy, sorry to hear that! Maybe it's something in the water...sympathy right back at you!

We are thinking of moving her to her big girl bed now, as her sleep is already messed up. DH thinks she might like the freedom to roam her room instead of being confined to the crib.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No solutions - just sympathy - my LO has been doing this for weeks now.  Very frustrasting, especially when I can see how tired he is....
  • Options
    Ellie was always a poor napper so it's a bit different, but she would frequently protest being put in her crib for naps.  Sometimes she'd just play and talk and jump and others she would throw a fit.  We started giving her a couple of books to look at and that at least helped with the fits and got her to play more quietly if she wasn't going to sleep.  Could you try giving her a few books or something that will keep her occupied but also encourage more quiet play?  Then if she's tired she might just fall asleep anyway.
    Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    VincentVincent member
    WOW, things I get to look forward to.  Sorry to hear that nap isn't going well, hopefully it's temporary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • Options
    SFAug07SFAug07 member
    She has several toys and books in her crib, didn't help. Luckily I heard from the Au Pair that she napped without an issue today...so maybe it was just a short-lived phase. Amy, how is M doing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"