Baby Showers

"Sprinkle" theme/invite wording?

I'm throwing a "sprinkle" instead of a shower for a friend.  She has a 2 yr old girl now and is expecting a girl in august but she got rid of all of the baby essentials because they were told they could not have anymore kids.  I just wanted to hear some ideas that people had for other sprinkles or is that just the theme itself?

Re: "Sprinkle" theme/invite wording?

• A sprinkle is supposed to be a casual, very small gathering of the closest friends and family.  A theme and formal invitations are not necessary.  Calling it a sprinkle doesn't mean anything if it is in fact a shower for a second child.  What you are planning sounds like a shower.
  • I think what PP mentioned about casual is key.  Sprinkles tend to have less guests than a shower.  No theme necessary.  I think my cousin sent out invites that said something like "Let's Sprinkle Baby R with Love" etc.  The invites were really cute she degined them herself and printed them on cardstock as a postcard- very casual :)

• Loading the player...
  • My mom is using this on my sprinkle invites: 

Bottles and diapers and bibs galore
    ______ and _____ are having one more!
    Big Sister/Brother______has
    plenty to share,
    But we want to show the new baby we care
    So Sprinkle some love for the happy family,
    at a Sprinkle Shower, what fun it will be!

• Similar to the earlier post:

Baby smiles and giggles galore
    PARENTS' NAMES
    are having one more
    Big SIster has plenty to share
    This is just a ?sprinkle? to show that we care
    Since baby spit ups can make such a mess,
    burpees, onesies and bottles will impress!

• bsmeadbsmead member

i did a cupcake themed sprinkle (because cupcakes have sprinkles--lol)  It was low key with just the close friends of the Mom to be (mostly those who would have gotten her a gift anyway) We did cupcakes instead of cake and it was really cute!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"