March 2011 Moms
Options

What happened to my sweet quiet baby??

For the past 4 days my LO has been wanting to nurse, not sleep during the day (so cranky) and screams crying when I lay her down to change her...she never did this before.I'm not sure what changed or if it's a growth spurt but I feel awful. She's ok after a min or two if I start acting goofy. She has also wanted to sit up. She keeps trying to go forward like a crunch when she's sitting on my lap so I'm assuming she just doesn't want to being laid down but wants to see the world sitting up. Is anyone elses LO screaming when being laid down now? I don't know what to do or if something else is wrong but she's fine otherwise. Now she just passed out on my chest she's been up since 7am. I don't want to move now...but wanted to go to BRU!

1ht

BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12

Re: What happened to my sweet quiet baby??

• Options
    Exact same thing happened to us around the exact same age. We attributed it to the transition into daycare, but he's still doing it. Our roughest period is usually between 5-8 at night.  Cries out for no reason, stops to smile at us, then starts up again.
  • Options
    Sounds like reflux. My DD was doing the same thing until we started zantac
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes. Zantac is awesome!
  • Options
    amy259amy259 member
    Did it start out of nowhere? She's over 10 weeks old...
    BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Options
    eturpeturp member
    I agree that it might be reflux. Not wanting to lay flat is definitely a symptom and when I asked my pedi about it he said that babies can (and often do) develop reflux anytime between birth and 3 mo.
  • Options

We're going through something similar. In our case, LO fights sleep and doesn't want to nap during the day. He just goes between wanting to nurse and being cranky. He'll nod off after a feeding, but as soon as I try to put him down, he wakes up and cries.

I went back to work this week and he started acting like this over the weekend, though he also did this occasionally the last few weeks before I went back to work. I think his problem is that he doesn't nap enough and ends up being cranky.

Hopefully it's just a phase...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Since position seems to be such a big deal, I'd ask your pedi. Sounds like something digestive, reflux or otherwise and might as well get a real opinion. Hopefully it is just a phase!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"