D.C. Area Babies
Options

Rant and rave for Babies R Us

First my rant.....I had been using my sister's PISA until it totally crapped out in March. I decided to try an Ameda pump since it was a) a closed system and b) on par price-wise with the PISA but Ameda had a rebate going making it cheaper.

Now, normally I'm not a sucker for those extended warranty/buyer protection programs places try to sell you on, but knowing that a pump can't be returned once opened for hygenic reasons, I made sure to ask the BRU salesperson about it. She SWORE that if I bought the protection plan I could return it once opened - within 90 days to the store, after that through the plan. Didn't matter if it was open. Yes, even used. Well, ok! So I can test out the Ameda and no worries if I don't like it.

So, of course, I tried it. Didn't like it. Went back to BRU and dropped $$ on another PISA and am a happy pumper again. Finally today (still within my 90 days) went to return the Ameda and imagine my surprise when the clerk tells me what I was told was wrong.

Now the rave.... the clerk (who happened to be an asst mgr I think) was willing to make an exception to break the company policy and give me a store credit for the amount. I told her had I known I'd been given false info, I'd have just bought the Medela back then and not messed around with the Ameda. I'm grateful I'm not totally out the couple hundred bucks, and also happy when she said she could tell who sold me the item originally and it would be addressed. I'd hate to see someone else get stuck in that situation and not even be able to get store credit!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Rant and rave for Babies R Us

• Options
    When I did our registry, I asked about the return policy and was told that while it is normally 90 days - for pumps and monitors it is only 45 days (if they are unopened).  I'm glad that they let you return it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"