Pre-School and Daycare
Options

*Cute lunch check-in*

I had a little more creativity this week. I'm so happy for the return of summer fruit!

Breakfast for lunch, AKA, we're out of lunch food! Waffles, cottage cheese, blueberries and a strawberry. FYI about the waffles, did you know you can make a batch of waffles, freeze them, and reheat them in the toaster just like an Eggo? So convenient and cheap! DD had a great time making patterns with the blueberries in the waffle holes.

Watermelon! I bought this watermelon plate on sale last summer and forgot about it until today! Fresh watermelon and pineapple, mozzarella pearls, a PBJ (bread, PB, bread, jelly on top with sprinkle details), and cherry tomatoes. The watermelon "seeds" are sprinkles from a Halloween collection - they're actually little spiders. : ) DD loved this lunch!

Do all little girls like Hello Kitty, or just mine? I used both of our HK containers (they are metal candy containers, found at World Market and a gift shop). The red container has cottage cheese (with a silicone cupcake liner to prevent leaks), two sandwiches, carrots, veggie dip in the pink HK container, an apricot, strawberry and blueberries on little girl picks. This was packed in a two-tier bento box from the Marukai store in San Diego.

Have a great week! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: *Cute lunch check-in*

• Options
    Cute!! Love the watermelon PB&J, will have to try that too : )
  • Options
    What toy your DD playing with in your sig, looks like something DD would love!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    CABunnyCABunny member

Love it!

Do you have a great waffle recipe to share?  I tried making & freezing them ahead of time & it was a big fail.  I used the recipe from the King Arthur Flour baking book & froze them in Ziploc freezer bags (maybe I should've vacuum sealed them?).

Also, any ideas for fresh peas?  I bought a bunch from the farmer's market this weekend (yum!) & the kids don't typically like peas.  I figured if I presented them nicely, they might give them a chance.  ;)

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Options

imageAndrewsgal:
    What toy your DD playing with in your sig, looks like something DD would love!

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11197986

She loves this toy and has spent hours playing with it. Best $40 I've spent in a long time. 

• Options
    imageCABunny:

Love it!

Do you have a great waffle recipe to share?  I tried making & freezing them ahead of time & it was a big fail.  I used the recipe from the King Arthur Flour baking book & froze them in Ziploc freezer bags (maybe I should've vacuum sealed them?).

Also, any ideas for fresh peas?  I bought a bunch from the farmer's market this weekend (yum!) & the kids don't typically like peas.  I figured if I presented them nicely, they might give them a chance.  ;)

My waffle recipe came from tastykitchen.com, but I can't find it online anymore. Here it is:

3 eggs

1.5 cups buttermilk

1.75  cups flour

1 stick melted butter

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

0.5 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

2 tsp sugar.

Combine all ingredients, stir until just combined and cook. This makes 8 large round waffles in my iron.

To freeze, I make sure that the waffles are nice and dry (I cool them on cookie racks or put them in 3 separate piles as they cool down, flipping several times. Then I put them all together in a large ziploc and freeze. I pop one off (it usually breaks in half) and put it in the toaster on medium. Comes out just like new!

For the peas ... sometimes a cute container works for my DD, or else you could put them on picks (toothpicks with frills?) to make a caterpillar. But at least for my DD, if she really doesn't like it, nothing will make it palatable! Letting her season her own food with S&P sometimes helps, too. Good luck! 

• Options
    CABunnyCABunny member
    Thank you brightning!  :)
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"