Detroit Babies
Options

Anyone have a hospital photo shoot w/Bella Baby at Beaumont

Did you end up liking the photos?  Did you end up buying anything?

What was the price list like?  (They have no info on pricing online)

Any other info or tips...

I am trying to decide if I want to just rely on these photos or have a photographer come to the house.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone have a hospital photo shoot w/Bella Baby at Beaumont

• Options
    They came in and did my ds when he was born.  We bought the Cd, well my dad did as a gift to us.  We also had a photographer come out to our house about two weeks later because I was in no shape, or mood to have my picture taken after my csection.  The bella ones turned out cute, but if I remember they were kind of expensive.
    Mommy's little helper :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

They were cute. We bought the cd, I think it was around $140. They do the shoot for free, and then leave you with a laptop with a slide show and price list to decide. They weren't pushy at all, which I appreciated. The pictures were adorable, but the editing was minimal. DS was super blotchy and you could see all his baby acne in the pictures. I am pretty good with photoshop and was able to edit them on my own with the disc, but if you aren't that might be a factor to consider.

We had Amy with Pure Amour come out a few weeks later to take family pictures as well. I have more of those pictures up around the house so they get looked at more, but I am also glad that I have the pictures from the hospital as well. By the time Amy came out (which was only like 2 weeks) I felt like DS was a whole other baby. They grow so fast! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was really happy with the pictures we got (if you want to see them, I'll PM you a link).  The prices are set-up to get you to buy the cd.  You can buy prints, but they were really expensive.  After taxes it was around $140 for the cd. As far as hospital pictures goes, the price isn't too bad.  We probably spent close to that after my first son was born (was a different company)  They just did 4 standard newborn hospital poses and I got to pick 2 poses with only a few prints of each.

We also had someone come out to the house.  I love how the pictures turned out, the only thing with that is you want to check out how fast the photographer's turn around time is.  It took over a month for us to get our pictures back.  I made a little photobook, but I never did have enlargements made because we already had newer pictures. 

• Options

I really liked the photos that they took at the hospital.  We bought the CD for 140, and thought it was worth it, our photographer didn't come to our house until he was almost a month, so it was nice to have those photos from when he wasn't even 24 hours old yet.

They were extremely nice and understanding.  I felt like crap and didn't want to be in any of the pics, and they didn't push it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kara03Kara03 member
    Thanks everyone for the responses!  Sounds like everyone got the cd from bellababy and also, had a photographer come out.  I am trying to book Amy for August... I just wasn't sure if I should do both.
  • Options

imageKara03:
    Thanks everyone for the responses!  Sounds like everyone got the cd from bellababy and also, had a photographer come out.  I am trying to book Amy for August... I just wasn't sure if I should do both.

I would say both is definitely worth it. They both have a totally different meaning for us. Even if I had been in the pictures at the hospital, I looked and felt like crap and that's all I would have thought about when looking at the pictures. 

• Options

I wish I had been able to do the hospital pix or bought a year 1 package. We only have professional pictures of my son at 3 months and I feel like I missed out.

I delivered late and was only in the hospital for 36 hours. Bella Baby came in a few hours before we were supposed to leave and didn't have time to take the pictures...We were bummed!

Come chat with other moms: www.metrodetroitmommy.com!
  • Options

They were okay, but WAY too expensive if you ask me..... they were there when I had E my 3rd baby. I skipped the offer to buy, however I'm photographer too so I will just take my own.

When my son was born the company that was there was great and had great prices, then they had another company when I had M baby #2 and they were bad pictures and too expensive I skipped them too that was about the time I picked up photography. 

Jen
    Stanley Oct, 2006
    McKenna Feb, 2008
    Evelyn July, 2009
    Baby Boy Oct, 2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageKara03:

Did you end up liking the photos?  Did you end up buying anything?

What was the price list like?  (They have no info on pricing online)

Any other info or tips...

I am trying to decide if I want to just rely on these photos or have a photographer come to the house.

My friend is a professional photographer (I'm not as of yet) but she will come to your house https://www.lemonadephotos.com/

Jen
    Stanley Oct, 2006
    McKenna Feb, 2008
    Evelyn July, 2009
    Baby Boy Oct, 2011
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Does anyone remember the format used for the password? I could have sworn it was my daughter's first name, middle name and birth date, but it's not working. You have to call them to get the password and, naturally, noone is answering! My photos expire tomorrow and I wanted to order some today!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"