March 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone noticed their BM reeks after being frozen?

Mine certainly does. This is the second time I've noticed it and DS doesn't seem too fond of it either as most of it ends up dribbling out the sides of his mouth. Does this mean it has gone bad and needs to be thrown out? Any idea what would cause this to happen?

Re: Anyone noticed their BM reeks after being frozen?

• Options
    Sounds like you have a lipase issue, which I also have. My LO won't even drink it, because the taste is also bad too. I am going to probably donate my frozen stash to a bank and then if I need to freeze I have to "scald" it before I freeze it. I will lose some nutrients but it will inactivate the lipase and make it so it doesn't turn nasty
  • Options
    A friend couldn't freeze BM b/c an enzyme in it turned it rotten.

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah, it sounds like you have an excess lipase problem. I have the same thing. It smells sickly and metallic and it has a nasty metallic taste to it as well so some babies won't drink it. However, you can offer it to your child and see if they will take it in spite of the odd taste (the milk is not bad). DS didn't care what it tasted like, I did mix the frozen milk and fresher milk 50/50 for him though. As soon as I found out about my problem I started scalding the milk and it fixed the taste/smell issue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    eturpeturp member
    hmmm i'll have to start scalding it. Thanks!
  • Options
    Mine smells bad, but the taste was fine.  DD doesn't seem to mind.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"