March 2011 Moms
Options

I walked in the room, and a stranger was holding my baby ...

Okay, MIL. Get with the program.

I have an AWESOME MIL, but this week has been a little rough. She is normally so amazing that I feel guilty when I read MIL vents. Well, this week...

1) She was watching Mackenzie upstairs while I vaccuumed downstairs, and decided that Mackenzie was going to CIO. We don't CIO!! I understand that some people do and it works for them and that's great. But Mackenzie sleeps 8 hours at night and naps well. She is fairly predictable and goes to sleep on her own with no crying 85% of the time. I don't see what purpose CIO would have for us. The vaccuuming didn't take long, so I heard her after 5-10 minutes I think, but come on. Mackenzie was crying so loudly/sadly and MIL said she was "just talking loudly" in her crib on her own.

2) We went to BIL's senior banquet, where he recieved some awards. The buffet dinner was in the next room. MIL told me she would hold LO while I went and got my food. I came back into the room and a complete stranger was holding my baby. As I approached, someone asked her whose baby she was holding and she said "I don't know, I asked to hold her". Indifferent MIL had left the room. BIL goes to a small private Christian school so I think there is this false sense of security. I grabbed my baby back from the woman ...

3) MIL took it upon herself to make LO a bottle of water and try to feed it to her today. We had JUST talked about how pediatricians now know that babies shouldn't have water.

What is going on?! This is not the supergrandma I am used to dealing with! Obviously it has been stressful and awkward dealing with it. Ugh. She is the one person I was ready to trust alone with my LO ... I was going to ask her to watch Mackenzie so I could have a date night with DH ... now I feel like I'm not ready to leave her with anyone. Which is BAD because I go back to work in two weeks.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I walked in the room, and a stranger was holding my baby ...

• Options
    eturpeturp member
    O.M.G. I would have KILLED someone ( most likely MIL) if they handed off LO to a stranger Angry Why do MIL's feel that they have the liberty to do with LO's as the please (i.e. CIO and the bottle of water)?!?! I'm sorry, I hope she goes home soon!
  • Options
    I know how you feel! My MIL and I got along great ( we owuld go shopping and take craft classes together, she was even in the room to watch the birth of DS).... but then the baby arrived and it has all changed! Now her unnecessary comments and need to come over almost everyday drives me nuts!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow :(

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I am so sorry! OMG I would not have only killed that woman but my MIL too. Good thing my MIL knows better then to pull something like that. Once LO was born I laid down the law quickly. And I have such a mouth on me that there is no room for anyone elses voice. You really need to bring all of these things to MILs attention, its your baby dont be afraid to speak up, if she wants to watch little one then she has to play by your rules.
  • Options
    amy259amy259 member
    All of this would annoy me but the stranger holding my baby I would freak the f out!
    BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd be pretty darn ticked if a stranger was holding my baby - especially with MIL out of the room!  WTH!?  I'd be bitching up a storm to my husband and make him deal with it... that's his mom - he needs to have a talk with her!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    You need to tell here what upsets you and you don't want any of that to happen again.  I laid down the rules for my MIL and she didn't respect me, so she is not allowed to be with LO without me.  She may hate me now, but I don't care, it is my child and if she can't respect me, she doesn't deserve it.
  • Options
    Yikes! This is exactly why I refuse to leave my child with my MIL until she is capable of telling me what is going on. She is constantly trying to tell me how to raise my daughter, which is fine except she is definitely a CIO/give the baby water/do things her way kind of woman. And she does not listen to anything that anyone says. Fortunately, I knew that about her before I had my baby because otherwise I'd probably have ended up walking in seeing my baby with someone else too! I'd talk to her, but if it seems like she is just going to do what she wants (like give the baby a bottle of water), then be prepared to find someone else to watch her. Babies can die from drinking too much water. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    NOPE, don't do it!!!  i would not leave her with MIL anytime soon!  take LO with you to dinner!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"