March 2011 Moms
Options

What can/does your little one do?

Hello All,

I posted a while ago about my dd.  She was born not breathing, and spent 31 days in the nicu.  We still do not have a diagnosis for her.  She is still floppy and seems to be delayed in a few things.  I know we will not start to notice true delays for a while, but I am just curious what other lo;s are doing. So here is my list, feel free to add to it if I forgot.

1. Smile?  When did they start?

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder?

3. Sit in a bumbo?

4. roll over?

5. laugh out loud?

6. track with eyes?

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often?

How much do they sleep?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage

Re: What can/does your little one do?

• Options
    Let's see lo started smiling around 6 weeks . He is pretty much holding his head up all the time only a little floppy. Not rolling yet. He has been laughing since around 7 weeks . He started tracking around 7 weeks and turning his head to watch us as well. . He dosent sit in his bumbo yet. And his sleeping varies a lot. Some nights its 6 hours others its up every 3 hours to eat. And he probley takes. 3 4oz formula bottles and nurses about 7 times during the day. I personally go with the every baby reaches milestones at diffrent times and try not to worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. Smile?  When did they start? He started around 5 weeks, every now and then. But it wasn't really till about 6 weeks that we could make him smile all the time.

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder? He has always had a little head control, and we started tummy time as soon as we got home fro the hospital. So after a few weeks he would lift his head off of the ground. Everyday he is able to raise it higher and for a longer period of time.

3. Sit in a bumbo? He is sitting in a bumbo in my siggy... but don't be fooled! He can only last there a few minutes before he gets fussy. It's a lot of work to hold his head up like that! lol

4. roll over? He has rolled from belly to back a few times while doing tummy time. Still not even close to rolling from back to belly.

5. laugh out loud? No laugh yet.... I'm still waiting for that!!

6. track with eyes? Hmm.... I think maybe 4 weeks.

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often? Now he takes about 5 1/2 ounces every 3 hours during the day.

How much do they sleep? He started STTN about 3 weeks ago. I put him down at night around 8:30/9 and he will sleep until 5am, take a bottle then sleep till 8ish. It was like magic though..... one night he would wake up every 3 hours, then all of a sudden he started sleeping straight through till 5 am.

Good luck with your LO! And like PP mentioned, every child will hit these milestones at different times. I'm a teacher and see this all the time. She might take longer to do one thing, but may be way advanced in others!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DS is 9 weeks old.

1. Smile?  When did they start? He started smiling around 6 weeks.

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder? He started this super early... like 1 or 2 weeks.

3. Sit in a bumbo? 4 weeks.

4. roll over? He has been rolling from his back to his side since he was born, but still isn't doing belly-back or back-belly yet.

5. laugh out loud? hasn't done this yet, but he does a lot of cooing and makes a lot of different sounds.

6. track with eyes? Not sure about this one... I've noticed that he'll turn his head to see faces or when he hears voices for the past few weeks.

How much milk/formula do they take and how often? I BF, so I'm not entirely sure. But when he gets a pumped bottle he usually takes 4ish oz. every 3 hours or so. He cluster feeds more in the evenings.

How much do they sleep? Probably 18-20 hours a day, total. He's been sleeping a 5-6 hour stretch at night, then wakes up to eat, and goes back to sleep for another 3 or so hours. His naptimes during the day are still pretty variable.

• Options

1. Smile?  When did they start? Started smiling around 7-8 weeks. Small smiles here and there. Got really big smiles starting around 11 weeks. DS was a preemie and he didn't start smiling until he was 3 months old.

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off shoulder? Since about 3 weeks.

3. Sit in a bumbo? Don't own a bumbo

4. roll over? Not yet.

5. laugh out loud? Giggles at 9 weeks, belly laughs at 12 weeks.

6. track with eyes? At a month and a half.

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often? 4oz bottles (with 2 tbs of rice cereal in it) 5 bottles a day.

How much do they sleep? naps = 45min-2 hour naps ever 1-2.5 hours through out the day. nighttime = last bottle at 7:30 wake up at 5-6 for next bottle and sometimes back down for another 1-2 hours.

DS was a preemie and reached most milestones slowly (he was ahead for fine motor skills) but now that he has reached two is about caught up, try not to worry too much. 
  • Options

1. Smile?  When did they start? Around 5 weeks

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder? By 2 weeks he could lift his head off shoulders but couldn't while doing tummy time until 6 weeks.

3. Sit in a bumbo? Don't own one

4. roll over? Can't

5. laugh out loud? Can't 

6. track with eyes? 4 weeks

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often? I BF but when he does take a bottle its usually between 3-4oz

How much do they sleep? Not as much as he should at this age. He usually only sleeps about 18 hours a day.

I know it's impossible to not base development on what other LO's are doing but try.

image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1. Smile?  When did they start? 3 weeks and 1 day2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder? tummy time was 5-6 weeks but she hates tummy time. when im holding her it was around 3-4 weeks3. Sit in a bumbo? I dont own one4. roll over? Not yet5. laugh out loud? 2 months6. track with eyes? 1 monthAlso.....How much milk/formula do they take and how often? during the day 5oz every 4 hours, after 9pm she takes 5oz every 6 hours.How much do they sleep? 11-13 hours at night in 6 hour straight. 3-4 one hour naps during the day, if im lucky that day.Sorry about my lack of grammar/capital letters. lo decided it was best to sit in my lap halfway through typing this. 
  • Options
    amy259amy259 member

Your siggy pic is so cute! They are both adorable.

1. Smile?  When did they start? About 6 weeks but not truly consistent.

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder? She HATES tummy time so I use the boppy (still hates it) but she has farely (sp?) good head control, not picking her shoulders up too much on the bumpy but will do it on my chest..

3. Sit in a bumbo? Don't have one.

4. roll over? Nope, she can get on her side sometimes from back to side.

5. laugh out loud? She doesn't laugh like we do it's more of a breathy smile. I don't think they are supposed to laugh until about 4 mths.

6. track with eyes? 7-8 weeks maybe I don't really remember I know she did it before her 2 mth. She will now turn to noises or my voice.

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often? I EBF so I'm not really sure.

How much do they sleep? She sleeps about 5-6 at night wakes to feed, sleeps another 3 wakes and sometimes if I'm lucky (like never) she will go back to sleep again. She has not been napping during the day as much these past few days and is cranky cranky cranky.

BFP 7/17/12 DD#1 3/10/10 BFP 3/26/12 Natural MC 4/11/12 #2 Due 3/30/12
  • Options
    AmzyAmzy member

1. Smile?  3 weeks inconsistently, more consistently around 4 weeks

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder? he has done this since 1 day old

3. Sit in a bumbo? we dont own one

4. roll over? from tummy to back since 5 days old, he still cant roll from back to tummy

5. laugh out loud? 6 weeks

6. track with eyes? 5 weeks

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often? during the day he takes about 3 oz every 2 hours but he takes 4 oz for his last feeding and sleeps for 5-9 hours

How much do they sleep? at night sleeps from 5-9 hours straight and then smaller stretches if he sleeps around 5 hours, during the day he takes smaller naps(30 min) and one or two longer naps (1-2hrs)

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagemommy06:

Hello All,

I posted a while ago about my dd.  She was born not breathing, and spent 31 days in the nicu.  We still do not have a diagnosis for her.  She is still floppy and seems to be delayed in a few things.  I know we will not start to notice true delays for a while, but I am just curious what other lo;s are doing. So here is my list, feel free to add to it if I forgot.

1. Smile?  When did they start? 6 weeks, but he still smiles more at inanimate objects than me!

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder? Almost immediately.

3. Sit in a bumbo? Don't have one

4. roll over? Rolls onto his side since 4 days old

5. laugh out loud? He makes sound when he smiles, but not an actual laugh

6. track with eyes? 4 weeks

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often? He gets 2- 2.5 oz of formula + whatever he gets from bf'ing

How much do they sleep?

He sleeps a ton during the day- maybe a few 2 hour stretches. My dr. told me not to go longer than 4 hours without feeding him at night, though, so sometimes I'm waking him up and sometimes he wakes up on his own.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My LO is 12 weeks

1. Smile?  4weeks

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off shoulder? 1week

3. Sit in a bumbo? 10 weeks

4. roll over? 11 weeks (Belly to back)

5. laugh out loud? 8 weeks (consistently)

6. track with eyes? 3-4 weeks

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often? 4-6 oz every 3-4 hrs.

How much do they sleep? wakes twice a night for feedings & goes to bed before 8 every night.

• Options

1. Smile?  When did they start?

First real smile was around 5 weeks, Didn't start smiling consistently until about a week or two ago, so 9-10 weeks.

2. Pick head up when doing tummy time or pick head up off sholder?

Really early, maybe after a week or even less.  He's getting better and better at it as time goes on.  Just recently, he's started lifting his shoulders during tummy time.

3. Sit in a bumbo?

We don't have a bumbo, so we've never tried.

4. roll over?

Not yet, not even close, I think.

5. laugh out loud?

Yesterday actually :-)  So 11 weeks.

6. track with eyes?

Around a month maybe?

Also.....

How much milk/formula do they take and how often?

At day care he eats 4 or 5 oz EBM every 4 hours.  When he's with daddy, he eats every 3 hours, 4ish oz EBM.  When he's with me (breastfeeding) he'll eat as often as every hour when he clusterfeeds in the evening, or go up to a 6 hour stretch overnight.

How much do they sleep?

He goes down for the night around 9PM, wakes to eat at 2 or 3AM and again at 5 or 6AM.  He's usually up for the day after the second feeding, although sometimes I get another hour or two before he's up for the day.  He usually takes two long naps, and several shorter naps throughout the day.

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"