March 2011 Moms
Options

pump and dump dilemma

If you BF and/or pump what would you do?? Around 8 or 830 I finished my dinner. An hour later I had a VERY upset stomach. At 1030 I need to pump. If my dinner upset my stomach so bad do you think it will affect my DS the same way? I'm not sure if I should pump and dump to be safe or if it would be okay. Has this happened to anyone else? What would/did you do?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: pump and dump dilemma

• Options
    My Dr told me that even if I get sick (flu, cold, etc) I can STILL pump and feed E. Being ill really only affects your supply. It won't make your LO sick. I'm sure you and LO are fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not ill, I just had food that upset my stomach. I know that what you eat affects your LO and was concerned that the effects it had on me might be the same for him. Just curious if anyone else had a similar situation and what they did.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejess143hanna:
    I know that what you eat affects your LO .

That's a BF myth. I'm 1ht so it would be kind of a pain to find the link but it's on kellymom.com.

• Options

imagelyzabeth:
    My Dr told me that even if I get sick (flu, cold, etc) I can STILL pump and feed E. Being ill really only affects your supply. It won't make your LO sick. I'm sure you and LO are fine.

This~ it won't affect LO  

• Options

imagejess143hanna:
    I'm not ill, I just had food that upset my stomach. I know that what you eat affects your LO and was concerned that the effects it had on me might be the same for him. Just curious if anyone else had a similar situation and what they did.

Upset stomach=feeling ill. The same truths hold.No need to pump and dump.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"