Pre-School and Daycare

book rave if you're working on sounding out words.

Our library has a series called "flip a word" books.

They teach words in rhyming groups.

Dylan LOVES them.  Jace thinks they're hilarious (although they're not meant to be funny)

They're great for starting to work on sounding out simple words.  They're not too long (usually between 1 and 3 words on a page) so the kids feel a sense of accomplishment when they're finished and can say they "read the whole book".

Just thought I'd share!

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: book rave if you're working on sounding out words.

• tammy79tammy79 member
    Great, thanks for sharing. Have you decided on the whole Kindergarten thing yet?. I'm only asking because we are in the same predicament (lol), in fact DS is sign up for 2 different school, to do a transition program or send him to Kindergarten, we have no idea what to do yet ;(, its such a decision.
  • PeskyPesky member
    Thanks so much!  I'm starting to do this with DD and she's pretty game so having a book series in our library system that will help is great to know!

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Loading the player...
  • thanks!  our library didn't have them, but i got them used on amazon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"