Iowa Babies

Hi Hey Hello

Hello all!  I'm new to "the bump."  I'm currently 9 weeks along, and I am due Christmas Eve, which is wonderful and crazy at the same time.  My husband and I were just married over Labor Day, and our two-bedroom house ISN'T ready for a baby.  Our goal this summer is to get shelves up in our bedroom and bathroom closets and get flooring for our entire house (somehow).  Once we get that done, we can actually get going on "Gossamer's" room.  I'm calling the baby Gossamer (like from Looney Tunes) because we don't know if Gossamer is a boy or a girl, and my husband is calling Gossamer "Cousin It."  We won't be finding out the sex of our baby, we want to keep it a surprise, but we both think it is going to be a boy.  We decided, last night, on an outer space theme.  That should be fun, and Gossamer can learn about outer space as he/she gets older.  I don't want pastel colors in the room, I want bright colors.  My mom will probably help me do a mural on one wall and on the dresser.  We try to live simply and believe we/our baby can do without a lot of things that are actually unnecessary.  Tell me/us about you.  Your due date?  Baby room theme?  Etc.
Anniversary

Re: Hi Hey Hello

• aswan10aswan10 member
    Oh yeah, we don't live in DSM, but we do live in rural Iowa.
    Anniversary
  • ss+elss+el member

Sorry, it's not terribly active over here. The Des Moines board on the nest has tons of baby-post action, though. :)

Love the idea for your room theme. I'm more into the bright colors as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • I wish that there were more people on the Iowa board too! There are quite a few people from Iowa in the January board that I am on... I am not from DM either, I live about 100 miles NW of DM.

I think your theme will be adorable...not sure of ours yet, We will prolly find out the babies gender though because I am a huge planner and getting ready for baby around Christmas time during the school year is going to be enough stress for me! After knowing the gender we will prolly pick the theme...

H & H to all you Iowans out there!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We live out past Altoona in the Country. We are expecting our second girl to arrive at any time now. This board is pretty dead :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"