School-Aged Children

End of school year teacher gift?

This is my first year at this and I wash hoping to get some guidance from you vets.

No one organized a group gift.

He's got SIX teachers so that makes the $$ end of this tough and limits what we can do for them.

Advice?

What have you done or seen done that was appreciated and went over well?

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.

Re: End of school year teacher gift?

• Wow six teachers!!  What grade in your child in? 
  • pre-school

4 are teachers and 2 are therapists (occupational and speech) that work with all of the kids.

5 of the 6 teachers rotate between 2 schools.

I was quite stunned that the student to teacher ratio would be so high.

There are at least 2 and usually 3 teachers in the class room of 15 at all times.

We're very fortunate but it does make gift giving a bit more challenging. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsSRMrsSR member
    What about a group gift for them?  I always appreciate things for my classroom.  Markers, crayons, playdough, paper, craft items, etc.
  • When I taught K I had a student decorate a flowerpot with their hand prints and plant my favorite flower in the pot.  The parent wrote "Thanks for helping me grow" around the rim of the pot.

You could also bring in something edible--food is easy to share with that many people.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would say a $5 gift card each to a place like Panera Bread, Dunkin Donuts, or Rita's Italian Ice.  If you don't want to do that, bring in breakfast one morning (bagels, donuts, and coffee), or a goody basket for them to snack on.  Bath & Body Works has nice candles that are on sale 2 for $10. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"