Infertility
Options

xp: need help...screwed up menopur

I don't know what I was thinking, but something just didn't seem right while I was doing it. I watched the instructional video after I did the shot (which was stupid) and realized my mistake....

I took the whole sodium chloride into the needle and not just 1cc like I was supposed to. I then put that into the powder, withdrew it, and injected...so it was more like 2cc's.

Did I just totally screw this up? I'm hoping it is fine being that I got all the "powder" into my body, but worry I screwed up the meds by putting into too much of the liquid part. Ugh...I'm so mad at myself right now!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: xp: need help...screwed up menopur

• Options
    kzawislkzawisl member

Does your RE office have an after hours nurse line?  Or I am sure there's someone there today; could you call and check?

my GUESS (and this is just a guess!) is that it's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world. 

My RE told me that no matter how high my dose gets, you always only mix 1cc.

Me: 30, Dx Unexplained/hypothalamic amenorrhea
    DH: 31, normal!
    April/May 2011: Menopur + Ovidrel +TI = BFN
    Oct 2011: Menopur + Hcg +IUI = BFP!
    Beta #1 (13dpiui)= 129.7, Beta #2 (15 dpiui)= 305
    PAIF/SAIF always welcome!
    My Blog

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

i am not familiar with menopur, specifically, but i work in a dr's office drawing up injections and giving them all.the.time.  maybe i can help until you get a hold of someone at your dr's office. 

oh, first, have you tried calling a pharmacy to see what they have to say about it?

ok, so if i understand you were supposed to draw up 1cc of sodium chloride and mix that with a whole bottle of powder.  then draw all of that up and inject it.  right?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

sorry, my stupid comp posted before i was done. 

so it sounds like you just diluted the menopur too much.  i would think that like the pp said it's probably not ideal, but i'm betting it's not going to make that much of a difference. 

how many cc's were in the sodium chloride bottle?  you said it ended up being 2cc's instead of 1cc.  if you only diluted the menopur by an extra 1cc you should be fine. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did the exact thing!!!! I felt sooo dumb. But it is nooooo big deal. You still gave yourself the same amount of medication....just more liquid. Doing the 2cc totally hurts :) Now just do the one...you will be totally fine!
    TTC since December 08' Me PCOS and DH MI 7 failed IUI's 1 natural pegnancy ending in a m/c at 5 weeks May 11'- 1 canceled IVF June 11'- IVF, 43 retrieved, 33 mature, and 25 fretilized!!! June 14th 11'- 2 grade A blasts with me! 6 snow babies! June 19th 11'- BFP!!! 5DP5DT June 22nd 11'- Beta 88.6 P4 18.9 8dp5dt! June 24th 11'- Beta 234 P4 24 10dp5dt! June 28th 11'- Beta 1707 14dp5dt First ultrasound July 7th 11'- it's TWINS!!! God knows our struggles and our hearts desires! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Call your after hours line. You may have diluted the powder mixture too much.  It may not effect you too badly, since it's just one dose, but I would definitely call and let them know. They may want you to do another dose... or you may be able to coast... Good luck!!!!!!

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hi! I can imagine how freaked out you are. I was told by my nurse that as long as the amount you inject equals the amount of liquid that you initially withdrew, it's fine. I specifically asked her what happens if I make a mistake and draw a little over 1 CC of sodium chloride and that's when she explained that as long as you inject the same, it's ok. Try to stay calm, as hard as it is. It's all very overwhelming at first but you'll get the hang of it.
    Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • Options
    I hope you were able to get in touch with your clinic and they have been able to help you through this.  Just wanted to say good luck and I hope all is ok. 
    ***SAIF & PAIF Welcome***

TTC since November 2008; me - poor egg quality,hypothyroidism,missing beta 3 integrin;
    DH - some MFI;

1 month clomid plus timing - BFN;
    3 months clomid + IUI - BFN BFN BFN

IVF #1 Nov/Dec 2009 - BFP - c/p;
    IVF #2.1 Jan 2011 - Converted to IUI - BFN;
    IVF #2.2 March/April 2011 - ER 3/23/11: 12 retrieved, 8 mature, 3 fert-ET 3dt 3/26/11: 3 embies - BFN;
    IVF #3 May 2011 - ER 5/19/11: 20 retrieved, 10 mature, 9 fert-ET 5dt 5/24/11 3 embies - BFN;
    Switched RE's for IVF #4 (CCRM) Oct 2011 - Surprise BFP before starting IVF #4!
  • Options

My husband did this the first day I was on menopur.  I started freaking out.  We just put all the liquid in me.  I ended up with 16 eggs and very strong embryos.  It will be okay!

IVF #1- Chemical Pregnancy FET #1- PREGNANT!!! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"