Two Under 2

two under 2 and full time working?

tell me it can be done!  I have a 10 month old and am due with #2 when DS will be exactly 18 months.

Re: two under 2 and full time working?

• I'm planning on doing it, so I hope it can be done!
  • I asked the exact same thing in my "any working moms..." below and got some great responses! I'm going to do it too!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • That is me almost exactly.  My DD1 was 18 months when DD2 was born.  I work full time (45+ hours per week) outside of the home and went back to work when DD2 was 2 months old.  I am not going to lie to you.  It is not easy, but I would not change things for a minute.  Coming home to my girls at night is what keeps me going all day at work and seeing them interact with one another is one of the most beautiful things ever.
  • jarbatzjarbatz member

Hey, I'm in Cleveland too! :)

DD will be 22 months when #2 is born.  I am trying not think about HOW I will do it all....and just that it will all work out...and millions of women work and have more than 1 child....at least that's what I keep telling myself!  

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It can be done! 

My boys are 2 years apart. I work full-time as a high school teacher. DH works nights as a sports editor. So he's with the boys during the day and when I get home, he goes to work. It's hard sometimes, but totally do-able.

Congrats on # 2! 

Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Mine are 25 months apart, and I work full time.  It can be done...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine are 17 months apart, I work 4 days a week at the office and a few hours at home on Friday and the weekend.  It can be done, I have been doing this since the end of January. You will find your new routine! 
  • My 2u2 are now 6 1/2 and almost 5 and I have always worked full-time.  DH is a SAHD, so it is not the exact same. I don't have to get the kids up in the morning and get out of the house, nor do I have the issues with daycare and sick kids. DH homeschools our kids as well.

But I did have to juggle a career with being a mommy.  Work trips that leave me feeling guilty, staying at work late and missing bath or story time. General guilt that I didn't see first step, etc. 

And with three little ones and hoping for another little one, I am pretty busy which strangers are only to happy to point out Big Smile. But I wouldn't change our family or our life.  If I didn't work, I wouldn't be as good of a mommy.  DH is better with them as a SAHD than I would be if I was home.  He is doing great as a homeschooling parent.  I wouldn't change our 2u2 either (though it is certainly easier as they are older).  We all just figure it out.

Good luck!

DD#1 11/7/04 DS#1 6/24/06 Chemical Pregnancy 6/08 DD#2 1/28/10 after secondary infertility, Clomid, & acupuncture missed m/c 6/2010 at 8 weeks (baby stopped growing @ 5.5) DS born sleeping 1/13/2011 due to cord accident at 22 weeks. DD#3 3/10/2012
  • Mine are 20 mos apart, I work FT and have all along.  It can be done.  It is hard though.  If you have a supportive DH, some help, etc it will be easier.  However, now that the first year is behind us I am definitely glad!
  • It can be done! Mine are 21 months apart. DH works evenings and I work days- we use a babysitter for the few hours of overlap while we commute. The kids get to spend the majority of their day with one of us and it has been working out pretty well. DH and I have started date nights 1-2x per month since DD, which has really helped to keep our marriage strong.
  • This is encouraging! Mine will be just under 24 months apart and I will be working FT, goodness daycare costs will be more than our house payment! I think it will be similar to when we just had one, you just have to find your "new normal." And let got of the thought of things "getting back to the way they were."
  • It totally can be done! I have 3 kids, but my 2u2 are 17 months apart and we both work full time. I went back to work when DD was 7 weeks old. You can do it!!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"