March 2011 Moms
Options

Tried the Ergo out for the first time...

With my almost-7-week-old, and he HATED it! I think he was getting a little tired when I tried to put him in it, so that may have impacted his reaction, but he screamed and screamed. I took him out, and he kept right on crying.

Anyone else had a similar reaction? I am going to try him again in it tomorrow when I'm sure he is awake and in a good mood. I'm really hoping he will take to it, because it would make going out in public a lot easier!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tried the Ergo out for the first time...

• Options
    Do you have the infant insert?  If not, he's probably too small for the Ergo at 7 weeks.  I think you are supposed to use the infant insert until they are around 4 months old.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yep, this was with the infant insert.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I also have an Ergo and an infant insert and my little one hates it lol

I think he just hates being restricted....hoping as he gets older he will enjoy it :)

I just ordered one from babysteals yesterday called Okkatots.  He can sit frontwards or back...I am hoping he will enjoy facing out :)  

who knows lol 

• Options
    My DS is 7 weeks and loves it. I don't use the insert bc he has great head control and it says it starts at 15 pounds and he's 13-14 pounds. The first time he did not love it though. The 2nd time, he fell right asleep!
    Baby, you've got the sort of eyes that tell me tales...
    :Blog:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My LO loves it! I can't say the same though :-) It's hot and it just seems like she's extra squished. As long as I am moving she is asleep in under five minutes. Works like a charm. Same effect in the bjorn though. She just digs moving and being so close to me. Hope it works out for you! The insert really was money well spent for me.
    Molly - DS - 12.16.06 DD - 3.20.09 DD - 3.11.11
  • Options

Pretty much every friend of mine that owns the Ergo said that their LO hated it until they were between 4-6 months old when they were old enough to be in the Ergo without the infant insert.

We're planning on getting an Ergo later on, but for now DD loves the Baby K'Tan.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    imagehispenguin:

Pretty much every friend of mine that owns the Ergo said that their LO hated it until they were between 4-6 months old when they were old enough to be in the Ergo without the infant insert.

We're planning on getting an Ergo later on, but for now DD loves the Baby K'Tan.

What do you think of the Baby K'Tan?  Does it get warm?  We have a Moby and love it, but it gets hot.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    stahlopstahlop member
    I just started using the Ergo because it's too hot here for the Moby.  LO is only 2 months old but he really seems to like it.  He can sleep much better than in the Moby where he kept slipping down.  I tried him facing frontwards for the first time today and he just passed out.  I don't use the infant insert, but I was originally just rolling up a receiving blanket and putting it around his neck.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    LO hated the infant insert part at first but now he just passes out when I put him in it. If he starts crying when I put him in it I just dance or bounce around to get him to relax and then he is out cold. I do think it gets a bit too hot though.
  • Options

Jake hated the Gemini at that age, so we mainly just kept him in the Moby.  Recently I started putting him in the Gemini now that he's chunking up, and he likes it a lot more. 

Try going outside while putting it on.  For some reason, with all the movement and fresh air, it calms Jake down. 

Just keep trying.  It may take a few times. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"