March 2011 Moms
Options

who here is working out regularly?

Does anyone know if someone posts weekly about our progress on getting the baby weight off?  just thought maybe we could do this once a week.  I gained 70 with DD, lost 40 by 6 week pp check, still got 30 to loose.  I started working out 5 days a week 3 weeks ago.  5 days cardio and 2 of those day weight training.  I also am watching what i eat way more then before.  Last week i lost 2 pounds and was super excited.  I have a goal of October of being as close to what my body use to look like before.  I was fine with my weight before bfp.  This is a new lifestyle for me, never had to watch what i eat or work out so much in my life.  How bout you girls that still don't got that baby weight off yet.  What are your goals?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: who here is working out regularly?

• Options

I think someone has been posting a check in weekly.. but that could be on another board.

Good job on the 2lbs last week! I have a 2lb a week goal. I'm easing into it slowly so I don't become overwhelmed and give up. I'm trying to be active for at least 30 min a day, plus all the house work I'm doing. I've started using livestrong.com to track my calories and how much i'm excersising. Its a really cool site (I didn't pay for the Gold membership and find the basic more than enough). Since I'm BF I enter into the fitness tracker that I burn 500 calories breastfeeding and it gives me 500 calories to eat that day.

Last week I gave up all junk food (except for Sundays, I get to eat what ever I want on Sundays), and started walking everyday. This week I started eating more balanced and doing wii fit for 30min a day. I'm working up to doing P90x, but I need to get into better shape before I can even attempt that.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm working out regularly.  I use www.myfitnesspal.com for support and success.  Last year I lost 25 pounds before getting pregnant using the site.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm also working out 5-6 days a week with heavy cardio and weight training (mainly body pump classes 2-3 week) My goal is 2.5lbs a week.  I have roughly 25lbs to lose to get back to my ppg weigh.  I'd love a check in partner to keep me motivated.  I'm with you, I've never had to watch what i ate before.  I can't wait to get back in my size 4 pants.  Right now they won't even go up my big monster thighs   :( and a bathing suit is disgusting.  Needless to say, i'll be at the gym as much as possible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gained about 40lbs and have roughly 10-15lbs still to lose. I've been doing cardio 5 times a week with weight training, and I've been watching what I eat. I've been seeing about 2lbs a week coming off, which is nice, although I definitely have to work at it, which is something I'm not used to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was stuck at 22 lbs of my 40 gained lost at my 6 week check up.  That number hadn't moved since 4 weeks pp, so at 8 weeks I joined WW and am down 5 lbs at 11 weeks pp.  DH is getting his MBA, so as his semester was ending, he was gone from 7 am- 10pm every day.  That means, no workout for mommy except for the walking and 1 hour yoga class I begged him to be home for once a week.  Ugh! I used to run 5 days a week so this is such a change for me.  I can't wait until DS is stable enough to go running in the BOB.  
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I gained 50 with DS, and still have around 20 to lose...I am easing back into my workouts with strength 3x/week and cardio at least 3 days/week.  My cardio times are so varied though, I can't seem to get more than 20 minutes some days!!  I am also trying not to weigh myself but just trying to fit back into my jeans!! =)
  • Options

I started the 30 day shred on Tuesday and have done it each day since.  My ultimate goal is to lose 30lbs by November.  I'd like to lose 15lbs in the next two months, though.  That would get me back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  The extra 15lbs I want to lose would get me closer to a healthier weight for my height and an acceptable BMI.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicInternational Nestie!Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am bemoaning every last non-calorie watch during pregnancy, I still have 20 to loose.  I am using my fitness pal to log what I eat and exercise; I am BFing so my doctor says I need 1800 calories a day. I am walking and want to start toning so I can start running but can't seem to find the time.  I am remembering I lost a lot once my first one was sleeping better (and I was too).  Good luck and focus on long range sustainable activities.

• Options

I was pretty overweight when I got pregnant and actually was down 24 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight at my 6-week check-up, but I still have a good amount of weight I'd like to lose. I'd love to have enough energy/stamina to chase the LO around once he starts walking!

How do you ladies fit your workouts into your schedules with LO? The best I've been able to do so far is going on walks with him, and I also started back to work full time this week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I started running and doing cardio last week.  Then last weekend I came down with mastitis and it totally ruined my routine and I need to get back into it.  I lost 2 pounds last week and I am less than five pounds above my pre pregnancy weight.  I am hoping to lose 35-40 pounds beyond that so I can be at a healthier weight for my frame but I know I'm going to have to find consistency and break some bad eating habits to get there!  I start back at work monday and I am really hoping I will still have enough free time to work out! 

Good workout vibes to everyone! :)

"If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything." Marilyn Monroe
  • Options

I'm working out around 2 days of week...with maybe walking when the weather is nice. My gym is awesome...they post the workout of the day, personalized coaching and positive. I wish I could go more but dh works late and we have to schedule me going based on his schedule. My mom volunteered to help one day a week to babysit so I can go.

I'd like to lose 5 lbs to be back at my prepreg weight. That was a great weight for me and I had definition and tone. I'm having a hard time with this weight coming off so far. lose 1 lb to have it come back a couple days later. I need to get better about diet. I'm pretty good for the most part.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"