April 2011 Moms
Options

Teething question

Ok so my baby has been super fussy the last few days.  I didn't even know it was possible to start teething at 4 1/2 weeks.  what are the signs? does anyone know which teeth would come in first? It looks like there is a little white spot on the top side that could be a tooth comming in, but for some reason I thought that the front teeth came in first. does anyone know.  Help! should i go see the doc. I dont want to wait 4 more weeks to see my doc if there is something that is making my baby fussy that I could prevent.  she doesn't scream all the time she is just cranky and crys off and on.  She is never happy anymore and I have tried everything. I feel so bad.  Help me! I need advise.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Teething question

• Options
    Scout05Scout05 member

My previously delightful and happy DD has morphed into a fussbucket as well the last two days (she's still delightful, in a fussbucket kind of way).

My doc told me it's too early for teething, they just get fussy sometimes. It could also be the start of colic (ugh). He told me to take her temp if I feel like something is really off, but to just be prepared for mood swings and temper changes as she grows.

You can always call your doc inbetween appointments if you have questions and concerns. That's why they are there.

• Options
    I don't think you need to see your pedi unless your LO has a fever with it. try pushing on LO's gums to relieve pressure, that coul be one watwy to tell.

I do think there can be white spots even if baby isn't teething. I always thought the bottom middle teeth were the first to come in but I'm sure it varies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Highly unlikely it is teething this early. It is probably just general fussiness that peaks around 6 weeks. There is a website (www.fussybabysite.com, I think) that has a lot of insight about the babies. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"