2nd Trimester
Options

Has anyone tried golfing while pregnant?

I just started learning last summer and I'd really like to keep it up but I'm wondering if it's safe with the swinging and twisting? I also feel like it might be awkward to golf with a big belly? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has anyone tried golfing while pregnant?

• Options
    I dislike gofling, but several of my friends continued golfing well into their pregnancies. You should be fine, just stay hydrated once it gets super hot outside.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options

We golfed 18 holes well into the second trimester.  It became too tiring after that... but I was at the driving range at 41 weeks to try to get that baby out with some exercise!  My DH has a great picture :)    Like PP said, my swing was SO much better when I was pregnant.

My doc said it's totally safe, just do it as long as you're comfortable.   

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! its great to get outside and hit some balls!!!
  • Options
    I golfed as recently as 17 weeks. Still think I could go without pregnancy affecting my game too much. We are going to Phoenix in July and I know MH plans to golf--not sure if I'll be able to at 26 weeks. Crossing my fingers though!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MereBMereB member
    My husband and I just went to the driving range Wednesday for a date.  I'm just 20 weeks, so my belly is huge yet.  I've had swing issues since the end of high school because of my big boobs.  I was a much better golfer in middle school when there was nothing to get in the way LOL.  I'm not good at golf, but I enjoy it, so I don't have expectations that I'll play well.  If it's a really hot day, I would avoid it.  
  • Options
    I'm not a golfer but my cousin golfed until she was eight months pregnant with her last baby. She is currently 30 weeks and still golfing with her second.
  • Options
    I've been to the driving range a few times, and plan on golfing 18 holes this week.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    My gut reaction to this was. "If your boobs don't get in the way!"  Mine get in the way of EVERYTHING!
  • Options

I play in a league every week. So far, my swing hasn't been affected too much, I just tire more easily. I would still recommend checking with your doctor and definitely keep hydrated. Have fun!

image"">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"