Rhode Island Babies

Daycare advice

Hi,

I am currently 37 weeks pregnant with our second child and will be looking at day care options for our first child to begin daycare at the end of the summer.

I am in desperate need of any advice you can provide about daycare centers in the Riverside/Barrington area.  She currently stays with a relative at their home, and has been ever since she was born, while my husband and I work full time.  It kills me to have to put her in daycare, but I know it will be a good opportunity for her to socialize with other children.  We are looking to possibly start her off with just 2 days a week and go from there.  Of course we are looking for the best place for her, but also have to consider cost as well.

We have a daycare center that is right down the street from us in Riverside.  It's on Cresent View Avenue and is called East Provident Early Childhood Learning Center, but the sign says "Up with Children".  There is also another daycare center in Barrington that I pass on the way to pick up my daughter everyday, it's called the Barrington Early Learning Center on County Road.  Has anyone heard of these two places and if so, can you provide your opinion/advice/recommendation, etc. on both.  Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

Re: Daycare advice

• I suspect that we're neighbors and I'm very curious if anyone has information on either of those places. We'll be putting our baby into daycare at the start of 2012 when I go back to work and both of those are right up the road from our house. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm only 17 weeks along so I haven't been looking for daycares, but my SIL did all the scouting for her 19 month old and found she LOVED Trailside on the Wampanoag Trail (closer to the Citizen's Bank & Cumberland Farms, than the Forbes Street / White Church end of the Trail). It's attached to a church, but only physically, they (as far as I know) aren't affiliated with the church. She got a really good vibe from the staff their and from speaking with parents of the LO's that attend. I do know that it is a peanut free daycare. My niece starts at the end of the month. I'll be sure to check back in and let you know what my SIL thinks about it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"