Childless not by choice
Options

Board Name.

Clearly, people aren't getting it.  There was a poster in another thread who suggested the name "Learning to Live Child Free."  I think that may be a simpler way to deter people who are "currently" child free as opposed to posters who are, for one reason or another, to the best of their knowledge, permanently child free.

"Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"

Re: Board Name.

• Options

***WARNING SIGGIE***

Another option would be to put together a board description. I know a couple of gals have stated one in some posts on other boards to let the mods, etc. know that this one was starting up. I'm sure once a description is in place, things will settle down a bit. It's helped out other boards tremendously.

• Options
    I'm trying to get the description in place.  Sometimes it takes a long time to get things going. Hopefully soon.
    DD(9)DD(5.5)DS(3)DS(born 2/1/11) July 2006, lost a baby at 8 weeks, natural miscarriage , May 2009 lost Zoe Eliana at 17 weeks no reason known, possible under developed organs. Lost two more babies in September 2009 at 7 wks 4 days. Had myomectomy surgery to remove a large fibroid in November 2009.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

image3ltlones:
    I'm trying to get the description in place.  Sometimes it takes a long time to get things going. Hopefully soon.

Yeah. the IT monkeys behind the scenes of the Knot/Nest/Bumb are clearly over-worked.  It takes forever to get anything new working properly.  Apparently, adding a board description (and a good search function) is rocket science.

• Options
    imagepmarie33:

image3ltlones:

Yeah. the IT monkeys behind the scenes of the Knot/Nest/Bumb are clearly over-worked.  It takes forever to get anything new working properly.  Apparently, adding a board description (and a good search function) is rocket science.

Fixing the royal fuuck up that caused people to not be able to change their sigs anymore...

But don't worry, they have mods so they can answer questions and address issues quickly. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options
    imagepmarie33:

image3ltlones:

Fixing the royal fuuck up that caused people to not be able to change their sigs anymore...

But don't worry, they have mods so they can answer questions and address issues quickly. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options

"learning to live child free" makes more sense to me.  i was really confused by the current name, originally. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

"Learning to live child free" urks me.  It has the connotation that someone is "teaching" me to deal with something.  Kind of like "you will learn to like it", for those who have no choice but to not have children will never like that they cant have children. 

I was under the impression (from what I saw) that this was suppose to be a safe place, including a place where people wouldnt have to see siggies of peoples happy family, children, pregnancy tickers....etc..  I don't belong here and I don't even feel this is a safe zone.  I don't think it is anyopne else business to name the board other than the "members" who will be posting here. 

• Options

Yea I'd have to disagree with you there.

1. It's a message board on the internet. There is no such thing as a safe place.

2. Part of learning/accepting/dealing is figuring out how to deal with things like tickers and pregnant people and babies without having a breakdown.  Hiding in a bubble is not the way to go about things. We all have bad days- find something else to fill them than a message board on a site geared towards pregnancy and parenting. I think it'd be a great disservice to expect *ticker warning* and the like. At some point you have to take the training wheels off when you are learning to ride a bike.

3. It is something new. We are learning it. We are learning how to realign to a life without children after so many years (I assume) of thinking that was the end goal. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    I guess im still in the tickers make me angry stage.  you seem to know, does it get better? 
  • Options
    Yes.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Something to look forward to I guess.
  • Options
    imageDesiraeSunshine:

"Learning to live child free" urks me.  It has the connotation that someone is "teaching" me to deal with something.  Kind of like "you will learn to like it", for those who have no choice but to not have children will never like that they cant have children. 

I was under the impression (from what I saw) that this was suppose to be a safe place, including a place where people wouldnt have to see siggies of peoples happy family, children, pregnancy tickers....etc..  I don't belong here and I don't even feel this is a safe zone.  I don't think it is anyopne else business to name the board other than the "members" who will be posting here. 

I didn't mean to offend when I came and posted my board name suggestion. I have seen people talking about the "new board" on the nest and the bump. In those threads there was confusion and psuedo-controversy over the board name, but I did not really see any other suggestions. I don't have children, and thought that since my siggy doesn't include any tickers or kid pics, I would not offend by posting here.

My apologies.

• Options
    imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagepmarie33:

image3ltlones:

Yes

Married 9/19/09
    BFP#1 05/19/10 M/C 6/4/10 d/x threatened m/c 6/6/10 m/c confirmed
    BFP#2 10/26/10 M/C 11/01/10
    BFP#3 11/28/10 C/P 11/29/10
    BFP#4 02/23/11 M/C 3/1/11
    BFP#5 08/13/11 EDD 04/27/12 Beta @11DPO 8.79 Beta @13DPO 36 Beta @17DPO 179 Beta @20DPO 679!! 6w3d hb 116 bpm! 8w3d hb 164 bpm! 10w4d hb 177-187 NT scan 12w2d hb 173-everything looks great! 14w4d-everything still looks great! A/S scheduled for 12/12!
    Our rainbow baby is here!! Emmalynn Anne born 4/27/12 via unplanned c-section
    BFP#6 Surprise! Here comes baby #2! Harper Elizabeth born 12/17/13 via c-section
  • Options
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

1. It's a message board on the internet. There is no such thing as a safe place.

2. Part of learning/accepting/dealing is figuring out how to deal with things like tickers and pregnant people and babies without having a breakdown.  Hiding in a bubble is not the way to go about things. We all have bad days- find something else to fill them than a message board on a site geared towards pregnancy and parenting. I think it'd be a great disservice to expect *ticker warning* and the like. At some point you have to take the training wheels off when you are learning to ride a bike.

3. It is something new. We are learning it. We are learning how to realign to a life without children after so many years (I assume) of thinking that was the end goal. 

I agree with Mandy. I'm definitely learning something new. (against my wishes and with resistance. So the process is damned hard)
  • Options
    imagemmariluh:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

I agree with Mandy. I'm definitely learning something new. (against my wishes and with resistance. So the process is damned hard)

Hear, hear.

imageimageimageimage
  • Options

I am not quite ready to start posting here but I suspect in another month I will be joining you.   I get that some people don't understand the current title, but it is a new board and hopefully in time they will figure it out.  Hopefully as more posts go up, people will lurk before posting and get a better feel for the board. 

I do not care for the "Learning to live child free".  It's just insulting.  I've been living child free for 41 years.  Honestly, I would love to learn something else.  Other board don't require the term "learning", when in fact they are in a learning process.  "Learning to breastfeed"  or "Learning to live with special needs" or "Learning to raise babies 0-3".   

If I need a board to solely *** about mourning a life I will never know, which I feel pretty confident I will do, (*** that is) then at least I would like to be in good company to give and receive support.  Possibly I may know a few others from IF or TTC and maybe I will meet other childless couples from my area.  Lord knows I could use a few more friends, especially ones that aren't all about their kids.   JMO.

ETA:  Wow, I didn't know the "b" word would get blocked.  Actually I didn't realize they blocked any words. 

TTC #1 since 9/07
    Dx MFI, AMA, Endo, AMH .16
    Lap 10/09 Removed endometrioma, stage IV endo and adhesions
    Lap 2/10 Endometrioma cysts & adhesions returned.
    Ivf #1 4/10 Antagonist, ET Cancelled.
    IVF #2 2/11 A/ACP+E2V C/P
    IVF #3 6/11 Letrozole/Antagonist BFN
    IVF #4 11/11 Low stim Antagonist BFN
    Lap 3/12 Lap & Selective HSG
    Many cycles of Letrozole and LP HCG w/TI and LDN
    IVF #5 8/12 Low stim BFN
    IUI #1 10/12 BFN br> S&PAIFW
  • Options

i didn't at all mean to offend or upset you with a sig or with my comment on the name.  i just thought the original name was confusing.  i completely see your point about the name, too, and didn't see it that way originally. 

• Options

Well I wish someone would provide some type of description.  The name is very subjective and I didn't appreciate being jumped on whenever I made my first post and told that I didn't belong here.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"