Hawaii Babies

Kenley's Nursery

I went to vote again this morning, and it's only ahead by ONE VOTE!!!  Come on HI bumpies....let's help one of our own!  It's a gorgeous nursery and deserves to win.  You can vote every 24 hours.

https://projectnursery.com/2011/05/vote-room-project-of-the-month-finalists-may/

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Kenley's Nursery

• It wouldn't let me vote again yet using Firefox, but I opened up IE and did it there. Devil Still just 1 vote ahead!
  • MrsZizMrsZiz member
    going to vote now!
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsZizMrsZiz member
    2 votes ahead... but i must say the thing that REALLY bothers me about the room that is just behind her nursery (the ABC one), that's a dropside crib!! YIKES! She has a fancy nursery but isn't concerned about the baby's safety... That really bothers me. I know some people still use them but in our family (my sister) we've had major problems with dropside cribs.
  • just voted 3 times - chrome, IE and firefox =P

I think she's one vote ahead now (last I saw). 

cai(o)&cullen+ahk
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lelekaylelekay member
    I was able to vote 2 more times (at work), so it's now 5 ahead!
  • Just voted on my iPhone! Good luck!
  • i voted again. kenley's ahead by 5 votes :)

• i voted again at work too!
  • Me too! Ahed by 4 votes now. :)
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• inamrainamra member

imageMrsZiz:
    2 votes ahead... but i must say the thing that REALLY bothers me about the room that is just behind her nursery (the ABC one), that's a dropside crib!! YIKES! She has a fancy nursery but isn't concerned about the baby's safety... That really bothers me. I know some people still use them but in our family (my sister) we've had major problems with dropside cribs.

Haha, good eye. I didn't even notice until you pointed it out!

Kenley's up by 9 now! 

Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • just voted twice, still up by 9!
  • Just voted again and up by 10! :)
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • I voted again. Such a pretty, classy nursery!
  • thank you for voting contestant number 1 on american idol. whoops. wrong voting. hahahah

i voted! woo hoo!!! =) hi bumpies rock =)

D started out as a LUCKY CHARM but ended up being our LOVEBUG image
    hawaii 10.2008 plan ;P married bio ???
  • I voted too, multiple times.  Smile  I hope you win!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Another one from me, and she's 20 votes ahead now!

imageMrsZiz:

*whispers* I have dropside cribs. But I know we've discussed this before and the ones here are made to a totally different safety standard (the way the sides drop, that the mechanisms are made out of solid steel, etc.) so it's not the same as getting one in the States, which I wouldn't do.

• voted!
    Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • i just voted...only 2 votes ahead...it's going to be neck and neck until the end i think!
  • MrsZizMrsZiz member
    imageredshoegirl:

Another one from me, and she's 20 votes ahead now!

imageMrsZiz:

*whispers* I have dropside cribs. But I know we've discussed this before and the ones here are made to a totally different safety standard (the way the sides drop, that the mechanisms are made out of solid steel, etc.) so it's not the same as getting one in the States, which I wouldn't do.

Funny I thought about you when I posted this :) But I know the standards are different here vs there. The dropsides here are terrible! I just thought it was odd that it would be a finalist, considering safety should be #1... maybe they don't use the drop side or plan to have it repaired...  

• MrsZizMrsZiz member
    She's up by 11, keep voting!!
  • voted again and up by 5!
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
  • oooooooo we're down by 17!
  • imageMrsZiz:
    imageredshoegirl:

Another one from me, and she's 20 votes ahead now!

imageMrsZiz:

Funny I thought about you when I posted this :) But I know the standards are different here vs there. The dropsides here are terrible! I just thought it was odd that it would be a finalist, considering safety should be #1... maybe they don't use the drop side or plan to have it repaired...  

we have a dropside crib and i have no qualms about it.  i've actually never used the dropside but it is there.  i guess if she was the kind of baby that yanked and pulled and rattled the railing back and forth i'd be concerned but all she does is stand there and hold onto the top of it (she doesn't even chew on it) so i really feel like there is no risk of anything dangerous happening w/it.

• MrsZizMrsZiz member
    imagemrspresley:

we have a dropside crib and i have no qualms about it.  i've actually never used the dropside but it is there.  i guess if she was the kind of baby that yanked and pulled and rattled the railing back and forth i'd be concerned but all she does is stand there and hold onto the top of it (she doesn't even chew on it) so i really feel like there is no risk of anything dangerous happening w/it.

I've posted about this before (I'm not sure if you guys remember or not) but my sister had one with both of my nieces before they were banned or whatever... My oldest niece would stand up and use the "drop side" to pull herself up and multiple times it would just drop all of a sudden. She never rattled it or anything, it would just suddenly drop when she pulled up. She would SCREAM bloody murder. She never got hurt, I think it just really scared her. It did this all of the time! My second niece had a different drop side crib and she would stand up and shake it and it would fall down. It shouldn't be that easy to drop down IMO.  That's when I grew to hate them and my nieces are older now (13 and 7) so I knew for us, we wouldn't have one. If it works for you, that's great, they just freak me out!

• I too wondered about the safety of the turquoise crib!!  I love that color but personally would not feel comfortable with a vintage drop side crib that I then painted.  I can't really tell, but it even looks like the slats are a little wide?  I know that lots of today's safety standards are a little over the top, but there is just too much that could go wrong with a crib where by baby spends so much solo time.

My grandparents actually had my old crib in their shop storage.  It would have been neat to consider using it because it is beautiful solid wood, jenny lind style.  I didn't use it because the slats were slightly too wide, and it had 30ish year old hardware working the DOUBLE drop sides.  But I have held on to it and will try to repurpose it into a book shelf or head board or something if I ever have a girl.

• imageMrsZiz:

I've posted about this before (I'm not sure if you guys remember or not) but my sister had one with both of my nieces before they were banned or whatever... My oldest niece would stand up and use the "drop side" to pull herself up and multiple times it would just drop all of a sudden. She never rattled it or anything, it would just suddenly drop when she pulled up.

oh wow, that would freak me out too! our crib seems very sturdy and you have to lift it up quite a bit before it will drop.  I don't think it would be possible for it to drop from her just pulling up on it.... i think it definitely depends on the manufacturer of the crib.  I feel confident about ours b/c the manufacturer has NEVER had a single crib recalled whereas it seems like most other manufacturers have had one model recalled at one point or another.   I can definitely see your concern with the dropsides!

• You guys are awesome! Thanks so much for all your votes! I've been out of town since last week, so I haven't been able to get on the board. Appreciate yall posting and voting! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"