June 5, Meeting Topic: Meet the Midwife
a great opportunity to meet a midwife (or two) and ask the questions
that you wish you had asked the first time, to explain a medical
procedure/option from your birth, or advice on your upcoming VBAC.
For example, you could ask about:
- How do you read a strip?
- What are we looking for in a NST?
- If a NST isn't great, what are my options?
- Can my OB do delayed cord clamping with a cesarean?
- Please explain the blood work that was drawn/
- What are the concerns about eating during labor and birth?
- If I get an epidural, how can advocate for myself?
- What is the relationship like between OB and midwife? Who are the OBs that support midwives?
- What are the indications for a home birth transfer?
- What "risks me out" of a homebirth?
- What is well woman care like with a midwife?
Regular ICAN of West Los Angeles meets the 1st Sunday of the month from 4pm to 6pm.
ICAN of West Los Angeles envisions a healthy reduction of the cesarean rate driven by women making evidence-based, risk appropriate childbirth decisions.
ICAN of West Los Angeles is proud to help
improve maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans
through education, providing support for cesarean recovery, and
promoting Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC).