Childless not by choice
Options

A little late...

I just wanted to jump in to add that I think this will be a GREAT board.  I TTC for a number of years before having the option to undergo IVF treatment in order to have my son.  I would have LOVED to have a board like this during those years of TTC. I can tell you I would have loved to have had "someone" be able to sympathize with me when I wanted to punch every pregnant woman I saw!   My heart is with everyone TTC and to those of you trying to find peace. I hope this can be a great outlet for you. 

edited for spelling/finish thought

Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: A little late...

• Options
    The board that you needed was infertility.  You were never at the end of your road and looking to be childfree for the rest of your life.  This board was set-up for people who will never be parents.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options

is the concept really that fuucking hard???  ugggggh! 

::i'm feeling so stabby::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagewickedsugar:
    imagetulips12_30:

I just wanted to jump in to add that I think this will be a GREAT board.  I TTC for a number of years before having the option to undergo IVF treatment in order to have my son.  I would have LOVED to have a board like this during those years of TTC. I can tell you I would have loved to have had "someone" be able to sympathize with me when I wanted to punch every pregnant woman I saw!   My heart is with everyone TTC and to those of you trying to find peace. I hope this can be a great outlet for you. 

This board was created for the ladies who may not get that option, or for them that option failed, and WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE A CHILD.... More than likely NEVER ..... :::Shakes head::::

What the F*uck is your F*ucking problem!!! I was just trying to support the fact that I thought this forum was a great place for support for the women you mention above. I was not here to start shiit but I guess that's your style.  I think that you need more than a bump support board to overcome your issues. You are ridiculous. and so far I am less than impressed with this boards ability to process anything outside of themselves (meaning infertility comes with many faces). Ridiculous.  

Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    imagetulips12_30:
    imagewickedsugar:
    imagetulips12_30:

This board was created for the ladies who may not get that option, or for them that option failed, and WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HAVE A CHILD.... More than likely NEVER ..... :::Shakes head::::

What the F*uck is your F*ucking problem!!! I was just trying to support the fact that I thought this forum was a great place for support for the women you mention above. I was not here to start shiit but I guess that's your style.  I think that you need more than a bump support board to overcome your issues. You are ridiculous. and so far I am less than impressed with this boards ability to process anything outside of themselves (meaning infertility comes with many faces). Ridiculous.  

Ha! This is an awesome response.

But you totally missed the point.

It isn't an infertility board. It's a "done everything else and still no kid, train stops here, no moving on, no possibility of kid ever, no more options" kind of thing. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • Options
    imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagetulips12_30:
    imagewickedsugar:
    imagetulips12_30:

It isn't an infertility board. It's a "done everything else and still no kid, train stops here, no moving on, no possibility of kid ever, no more options" kind of thing. 

I never said it was, although I guess I did mention the "I" word. I was not planning to make my home over here.  I just wanted to quickly stop by to say I was encouraged that a forum such as this was going to be in existence, as there was negative buzz around this place about it's being. I do think you need to be a little less snarky to those of us who simply wanted to show support and go back to our ?homes?. 

• Options
    imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagetulips12_30:
    imagewickedsugar:
    imagetulips12_30:

Oh, really?  Never ever, huh? No lingering hopes at all?

The fertility tickers in PPs siggies say otherwise.  No need to be so tvvatty.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    imagetulips12_30:

I never said it was, although I guess I did mention the "I" word. I was not planning to make my home over here.  I just wanted to quickly stop by to say I was encouraged that a forum such as this was going to be in existence, as there was negative buzz around this place about it's being. I do think you need to be a little less snarky to those of us who simply wanted to show support and go back to our ?homes?. 

Come again?

You said you would have loved a board like this while you were waiting for IVF. How exactly is that being child free? That's called going through treatment. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imagecampbell16g:

Oh, really?  Never ever, huh? No lingering hopes at all?

The fertility tickers in PPs siggies say otherwise.  No need to be so tvvatty.

No. Never ever. There is nothing to have lingering hopes about.

Not being twaatty at all, rather being realistic.

How the fuuck did I become board defender? 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagetulips12_30:

Come again?

You said you would have loved a board like this while you were waiting for IVF. How exactly is that being child free? That's called going through treatment. 

She was temporarily child free, that counts right?

• Options
    imagejoanithegreat:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagetulips12_30:

Come again?

Damnit, foiled by a technicality. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imagejoanithegreat:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagetulips12_30:

Come again?

You are destine to live in misery the rest of your biitchy, self loathing lives...and I would suggest that you have your ?special members? at least delete their fuucking TTC and RE appt tickers. Unfuucking believable.   

• Options
    imagetulips12_30:

You are destine to live in misery the rest of your biitchy, self loathing lives...and I would suggest that you have your ?special members? at least delete their fuucking TTC and RE appt tickers. Unfuucking believable.   

You are a gift that just keeps on giving.

If it makes you feel any better- I have no ticker and no RE appointment.  

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    imagetulips12_30:
    imagejoanithegreat:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagetulips12_30:

Come again?

I'll admit I didn't initially understand the point of this board but you are a fvcking moron.

2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    Wow I didn't realize that not having children gave you ladies a license to be Megabiitches.
  • Options
  • Options

imagejmcdow:
    Wow I didn't realize that not having children gave you ladies a license to be Megabiitches.

Where exactly was I a megabiitch?

Chick said she wished the board was around when she was waiting for IVF and people corrected her.

Then said chick went off the deep end.

I'm just enjoying the show.

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

imagejmcdow:

Chick said she wished the board was around when she was waiting for IVF and people corrected her.

We all are childless at some point.  I am 37.  Can't people who went through the same thoughts during their journey show support without being attacked?

• Options
    imagejmcdow:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

imagejmcdow:

We all are childless at some point.  I am 37.  Can't people who went through the same thoughts during their journey show support without being attacked?

i take it you missed this gem????

and, by your logic, am i to assume that anyone who is w/o child at any point in life understands the "journey" that this board is supposed to embrace? i don't understand your post.  at all. 

• Options
    imagejmcdow:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

imagejmcdow:

Yea, I was just as childless two years ago but I was actively ttc and pursing adoption and considering more treatment options. There was a possibility that I would have a child.

I will not have a child. I will be childfree for the rest of my life (barring some miraculous occurrence, right now of the virgin birth variety).

Being "childfree" is not something that is a transient thing. My sister is technically childfree right now. She is also not married yet and has not started ttc yet. Should she post here?

There is no journey involved here. The journey is over.

Honestly- what is so hard to understand here?

And again, how in the hell did I end up as board defender this afternoon? 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Zinger!
  • Options
    Scout05Scout05 member
    imagejmcdow:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

imagejmcdow:

***TICKER WARNING, BECAUSE I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE***

You honestly don't see the difference between "I was childless at some point but going to continue TTC" and the purpose of this board? Coming to the decision that you will no longer be pursuing IF treatments or adoption - deciding to live as just the two of us with your partner and trying to be at peace with the reality that you won't have a child - is a world away from waiting a little longer than you would like for IVF. It would never have been appropriate for the OP to post here if she were planning to do IVF at a later date.

This is a place for women who are NO LONGER trying for the family they dearly wanted, and dearly deserved to have. They are not planning on IVF or other treatments later down the road. I don't understand how this is so confusing for everyone.

Leave these women alone. Sheesh.

• Options

when i was 5, playing with my little ponies in the backyard, i thought of this board, being childless and all.  i totally connected.  wtf?!?!?!?! 

imo, dealing with IF dx/tx etc, is not really the same as coming to the end of your ttc road and being told there is no chance of ever having a child. ever.  are they connected?  mmmm sure.  are they related?  mmmm sure.  are they the same?  eh no. 

completely and totally regardless of all that, the op sorta seems a little unhinged.  well, a lot unhinged. 

• Options
    imagetulips12_30:
    imagejoanithegreat:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:
    imagetulips12_30:

Come again?

Yeah, no ticker here.  No worries.  Maybe I should create a BARREN 4 LYFE badge.  Thus signifying who "belongs" here.

"Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"
  • Options

imagejmcdow:

Well, put your much vaunted big girl panties on and get ready.  BARREN 4 LYFE MEGABIITCH at your service.

"Ainsi sera, groigne qui groinge"
  • Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    So if someone did go through the same thing as you.  Gave up trying or was told it the changes were slim that it would never happen, and then they do by some miracle conceive and bear a child, they aren't aloud to show support to others who went through the same thing.  Did that clarify it enough for you, or would you like to read more into what I said?
  • Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    And before you jump my shiit for that comment, it does happen. 
  • Options

imagejmcdow:

Sorry, can't help myself.  

Theis board isn't here for the support of you and other people on the bump.  It's a place for these women to get together and support each other.  If they wanted your support this board wouldn't have been created.  

• Options

imagejmcdow:
    So if someone did go through the same thing as you.  Gave up trying or was told it the changes were slim that it would never happen, and then they do by some miracle conceive and bear a child, they aren't aloud to show support to others who went through the same thing.  Did that clarify it enough for you, or would you like to read more into what I said?

It's allowed.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    imageKristinmo:

imagejmcdow:

It's allowed.

Thanks for the grammar correction.

• Options

imagejmcdow:

No one said it doesn't happen but it's no different than the woman with five kids going to the IF board to tell them to "have hope" because she too had trouble getting pregnant.

Completely pointless. What exactly does her ability to finally (although very often it's more of an exaggerated "finally") procreate have anything to do with my situation? None.

Not to mention, I'm dealing with a complete shift in life plans from being a mother to being just my husband and I. That is an extremely difficult shift to maneuver. The last thing I want is for someone to come up and tell me how they got this dreadful news that they wouldn't be able to conceive but miracle of miracles they got pregnant! Because all that does (even though their success has no bearing on mine like I said before) is plant the seed- "well maybe that'll be how it works out for us too." And instead of dealing with the new reality I'm back to questioning if we shouldn't try just one more thing.  Next thing I know ten years have passed and I'm stuck in the same holding pattern as I was before. 

Allowed 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

imagejmcdow:

No one said it doesn't happen but it's no different than the woman with five kids going to the IF board to tell them to "have hope" because she too had trouble getting pregnant.

Completely pointless. What exactly does her ability to finally (although very often it's more of an exaggerated "finally") procreate have anything to do with my situation? None.

Not to mention, I'm dealing with a complete shift in life plans from being a mother to being just my husband and I. That is an extremely difficult shift to maneuver. The last thing I want is for someone to come up and tell me how they got this dreadful news that they wouldn't be able to conceive but miracle of miracles they got pregnant! Because all that does (even though their success has no bearing on mine like I said before) is plant the seed- "well maybe that'll be how it works out for us too." And instead of dealing with the new reality I'm back to questioning if we shouldn't try just one more thing.  Next thing I know ten years have passed and I'm stuck in the same holding pattern as I was before. 

Allowed 

I don't believe she said "have hope".  She said she was glad to see this board was created for people in this situation.
  • Options

K, so let me get this right....

Is this board for people who have exhausted ALL options and have given up trying to have children, even if they didn't want to give up??? 

Or is this board for people who haven't succeeded yet???

Because I see people who have tickers that they are TTC. 

Texas77again:

"Forever buddies with Laura- Love ya girl, good luck on your IVF...it's your turn baby!!
    TTC since 9/07, M/C in 8/08, PCOS 12/09, IUI #1 2/11=BFFN, IUI #2 4/11=BFFN. Lap Exploratory and HSG 5/11= all normal, 1st RE appt 6/11.  "

So... you haven't even BEEN to the RE yet.  Yet, you're on a board that, according to this, you don't belong on.

Also:  

imageDoingItRight:
    This board was set-up for people who will never be parents.

imageMandyBrownNoser:

So.... why is it that that second reply in this thread has any right to be here, and feel stabby, but no one is jumping down her ass for being here and waving her oh-so-evil tickers around???

Don't be such hypocrites.  

• Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    imagekdodge423:
    imagejmcdow:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

imagejmcdow:

Allowed 

I don't believe she said "have hope".  She said she was glad to see this board was created for people in this situation.

And she compared it to being in her situation of waiting for IVF by saying that she would have been on this board had it been around before her fertility treatments were successful. Um, no. They aren't comparable. Not even close.

So people waiting for IVF don't have the thought or fear of NEVER being able to conceive?  And people can't be empathetic to others who have come to end of TTC if they have a child?  I am seriously confused here.

• Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    imagekdodge423:
    imagejmcdow:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

imagejmcdow:

Allowed 

And she compared it to being in her situation of waiting for IVF by saying that she would have been on this board had it been around before her fertility treatments were successful. Um, no. They aren't comparable. Not even close.

So people waiting for IVF don't have the thought or fear of NEVER being able to conceive?  And people can't be empathetic to others who have come to end of TTC if they have a child?  I am seriously confused here.

• Options

imagejmcdow:

Negative Ghostrider. She said:

I TTC for a number of years before having the option to undergo IVF treatment in order to have my son.  I would have LOVED to have a board like this during those years of TTC. I can tell you I would have loved to have had "someone" be able to sympathize with me when I wanted to punch every pregnant woman I saw!

And I was responding to this: So if someone did go through the same thing as you.  Gave up trying or was told it the changes were slim that it would never happen, and then they do by some miracle conceive and bear a child, they aren't aloud to show support to others who went through the same thing. 

That is not supportive. That is not helpful.

In no way, shape, or form.

There is little to no chance that we will end up having "went through the same thing". And if we did, then we can swap stories. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options

showing support is one thing.  showing support through what looks like comparing two very different situations and putting forth the message "oh i was there once too" comes across as kind of shallow, inconsiderate, and incredibly ignorant.  it's upsetting to folks.  to follow that faux pas with swearing and generally belligerent behavior is just the icing on the cake. 

whether you, jmwhatsanever or the OP, meant to be supportive becomes lost in the message when it's surrounded by that kind of ignorance and frankly, ridiculously immature commentary. 

• Options

It's a simple as the difference between fear and reality.

I fear I will someday die.

I will then be dead.

Before and after.

This is the after board. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Options
    jmcdowjmcdow member
    Bend it however you will.  Tulip tried to voice support of seeing this forum created, someone jumped her shiit because she has a child.  Plain and simple. Does it really matter the journey she made? 
  • Options

It seems no one wants to address my questions. Typical, when someone makes a valid point.

• Options

imagejmcdow:
    Bend it however you will.  Tulip tried to voice support of seeing this forum created, someone jumped her shiit because she has a child.  Plain and simple. Does it really matter the journey she made? 

Again, wrong.

They "jumped her shiit" because she said that she would have loved to have had this board around when she was ttc before having her son with IVF.

Have a kid all you want. Don't relate dealing with being childless with ttc/going through treatment. 

imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"