Baby Names
Options

A sibling for Oscar

We are expecting again and our son Oscar is 10 months old.  My hubby and I are big fans of old-fashioned names that have a British-bent but aren't too common over here in North America.  We don't know the sex, yet, but I'm looking for feedback on our top names so far.   Any suggestions are welcome!

Top girl names - Lydia, Fiona

Top boy names - Charlie, Murray, Henry, Xavier

Re: A sibling for Oscar

• Options

I love all of your names, though personally I would use Charles and Charlie as a NN only.

Have you considered Felix? Oscar and Felix sound awesome together.  How about Gemma?

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ames71ames71 member
    imageCeridwen21:

Have you considered Felix? Oscar and Felix sound awesome together.  

They do sound great together, but it's a little too Odd Couple IMO.

OP: I love Henry with Oscar. The girl names I love equally, but I'd give the slight edge to Fiona. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageames17:
    imageCeridwen21:

Have you considered Felix? Oscar and Felix sound awesome together.  

They do sound great together, but it's a little too Odd Couple IMO.

OP: I love Henry with Oscar. The girl names I love equally, but I'd give the slight edge to Fiona. 

I had no idea!

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yeah, I'm not really feeling Felix though because a) with Oscar, it reminds me of that show from the 50s called The Odd Couple and b) they sound too much like cat names when they're paired together.  But I hear you - they do sound neat together.  Just not my style.  I like Charles but it is a bit stuffy - I feel like I would just use Charlie.  Thanks for your suggestions.  Gemma is cute. :)
  • Options
    Can anyone tell me why my ticker is not updating?  I updated it to be current but it's still showing when I was pregnant with Oscar.  Confused.
  • Options
    I like Fiona and Murray.  I think Lydia, Charlie and Henry are getting popular here.  I'm not a fan of Xavier.
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • Options
    LOVE Lydia and Murray! You never hear Murray, and I think it's a great name for a boy (and a grown man).
    VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Thanks!  We love Murray too... if it's a girl, my hubby prefers Lydia and I prefer Fiona but we actually like them both so it'll be tough to decide.  Unless it's twins - ahh!
  • Options

I like Fiona.

For a boy, if you're looking for a name that isn't too common I'd go with either Murray or Xavier- your other choices are fairly popular.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Top girl names - Lydia is my pick

Top boy names - Murray is my pick

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jlhook0jlhook0 member

I like Lydia over Fiona, by a long shot. With Oscar, I also like Ida, Alberta, Johanna, Elisa, Amelia, Ana, Lucy, and Jessica (nn Jessie).

Of your boy choices, I like Henry. Other options I like are James, Malcolm, Jack, Oliver, Alfonso, and Keane.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"