May 2011 Moms
Options

***Token***A Question for you...

I think I remember you saying that you'd scheduled an appointment with an acupuncturist before you went into labor. Did you make it to that appointment before going into labor? Or did you spontaneously go into labor before then?

I'm considering acupuncture (I'm also doing quite a bit of walking to see if that will get things going), but I've never done it before so I'm not sure what to expect. Did you discuss it with your OB/Midwife before setting the appointment?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
1/2015 November Siggy Challenge - Thanksgiving Fails

Re: ***Token***A Question for you...

• Options

My appt was for Monday; I went into labour Saturday! So I never went. I didn't ask my doctor... but I'm not huge on mixing my regular and alternative medicine. The acupuncturist was thru my chiro office, and I love my chiro, so I figured she'd be good.

Pandi has had it, and it caused contractions for her. Not sure if she's got past that point, though. 

• Options

OK, thanks!

I think I might give it a try. I figure it can't hurt, right? At worst it'll be totally ineffective and I'll have wasted $60 or so. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The purpose my acupuncture has been to make my labor faster and less painfull... not sure yet if it's worked. LOL

When the needles are in I do have contractions though. Obviously it hasn't caused me to go into labor but maybe they use completely different pressure points for that. I don't know. Also I have been getting it weekly, not just once.

• Options

Oh, I see. I don't know much about acupuncture, so I didn't realize it had this application! I thought it was simply something that people tried to sort of kick-start labor.

I haven't set an appointment yet, but I'm planning to do some more reading about it today and hopefully get a treatment before my first NST on Friday.

• Options
    imageaerotigergirl:

Oh, I see. I don't know much about acupuncture, so I didn't realize it had this application! I thought it was simply something that people tried to sort of kick-start labor.

I haven't set an appointment yet, but I'm planning to do some more reading about it today and hopefully get a treatment before my first NST on Friday.

I wouldn't have known either except that my doctor told me about it. She is also the one doing it. It's pretty common here in Germany. 

• Options

I have a recent mom friend that swears by her acupuncturist.  Hmmm, maybe I should get their number....

Hang in there, aero!  These babies have to come out sometime!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"